Alpha Video Training

Thread: Linked Grid Question

Real Name
    Greg Carmody

Default Linked Grid Question

Hi,

I have a grid linked to another grid. They both have no detail view. The standard behaviour is:

- on rendering the 'master' grid, the linked grid is rendered next to (right of) the selected row of the master grid. The linked grid displays its record vertically according to its 'Rows of data' property.

The behaviour I want:

- on rendering the 'master' grid, the first record of the linked grid is displayed to the right of every row of the master grid. That is each row of the 'master' grid has the first row of its linked grid displayed on the right hand side by default (don't need to select the row of the master grid).

Is this possible ?

Thanks,
    Greg

Real Name
    Greg Carmody

Default Re: Linked Grid Question

OK, stumbled across this recently. You can insert a grid as a 'field' on another grid. So this has solved my problem. I have setup the inserted grid to show one record by default. So each row in the main grid has an inserted grid as the last field, so it will display for each record to the right. I have also included the record navigator and 'records per page' controls on the inserted grid so I can display multiple rows on the inserted grid if required.

Greg