Alpha Video Training

Thread: HELP!! .. Xbasic Classes Broken

"Certified" Alphaholic Scott Emerick's Avatar
    Real Name
    Scott Emerick

Default HELP!! .. Xbasic Classes Broken

Hi All,

I have a application that has been running fine for several months and now I am getting a error trying to call a class from a xbasic function and I have no clue why except something changed in a update.

I have a class on the workspace code tab called "Packaging" and I have code in a Function "DIM exeCMD as Packaging" which is where I am getting the error.

The error is: Error executing Ajax callback. Error executing Ajax callback function 'printpacklistsum ': command: DIM exeCMD as Packaging Error calling method: Missing parameters 1 parameters expected 0 were supplied.

The only thing that has changed is the version. I am running the recent build.

Does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on and how I can get this working quickly as it is a critical time for my client.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Scott

EDIT: I have also tried to go back to a earlier build and it still didn't work
    Last edited by Scott Emerick; 11-21-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Real Name
    Paul Verboom

Default Re: HELP!! .. Xbasic Classes Broken

Not clear from your question if you are trying to Call a xBasic Class. If this is a case, that would explain the absence of replies I couldn't find many references to them when I went looking for documentation.

Here is one thing that I learned that has a slight chance of helping;

xBasic Classes are interpreted (initialized) when the code library for a database is loaded. They can generate runtime errors at that time before they are referenced by any running code. However, classes located in external libraries need to be purposely initialized before they can be called. This initialization can be done every time before the class is called. The format of the function used is;

class_play("zProgress@zlibrary.alb")

"Certified" Alphaholic Scott Emerick's Avatar
    Real Name
    Scott Emerick

Default Re: HELP!! .. Xbasic Classes Broken

Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to call the class from a xbasic function and was not getting past the DIM statement. I ended up renaming the class which solved the issue. I am not sure if it was a Alpha update or Windows update that broke the code, but I am leaning towards a Windows update since all was fine until the server did a Windows update.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Scott