Alpha Video Training

Thread: Code Library Error: - internal script set_flags(): clip.code() subelement not found

Real Name
    Robin

Default Code Library Error: - internal script set_flags(): clip.code() subelement not found

I was editing an entry in my code library and used the '^' without quotes in the name. This prevented me from editing or deleting the entry. And apparently when I tried to delete or edit, the tree index got out of synch where none of the codes matched the description. Sooo I closed AA and opened the code library file in a text editor and fixed the incorrect description. Then went back and deleted the entry. Everything seemed fine at that point. But today I am getting this internal error. Since this script is buried somewhere in the addins.aex, do you suppose I have to reinstall AA? I'm concerned about doing that because I do not have an active subscription anymore. Using Ver 12.4.3.2 Build 4119-4825
    Last edited by MoGrace; 02-13-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: redescribed problem
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Real Name
    Robin

Default Re: Code Library Error: - internal script set_flags(): clip.code() subelement not found

After looking at another saved code library I have, there was an incomplete string in the top of the xml code. So I corrected that to match a working copy and that fixed it. Whew...would hate to miss all that code!

And of course, now I have a current back up...

Just a FYI, each code snippet begins with a [###] string that is set according to the order entered (like a record number index). But there is a string <natural_order=#> that is some type of index that keeps the tree in order. If that is missing the code snippets will not match the description. And that was where my problem occurred.
    Last edited by MoGrace; 02-13-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Real Name
    Robin

Default Re: Code Library Error: - internal script set_flags(): clip.code() subelement not found

Well whatever fix I thought I had was short lived. I wonder if FINIAN or IRA know anything about how the code library is structured?
    Robin

Real Name
    Robin

copy of the errant library: My Codes_clip_lib.txt

The first line seems to be the error:

<code<[1]<natural_order=1>
    >
    <[2]<description="AddIns^A5_Open_Default_Form()">
    should be

<code<[1]<description="AddIns^A5_Open_Default_Form()">
    Robin

"Certified" Alphaholic Ted Giles's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ted Giles

So is it fixed now Robin?
    Ted Giles
    Example Consulting - UK

http://ec12.example-software.com//
    See our site for Alpha Support, Conversion and Upgrade.

Real Name
    Robin

I sent it to Ira to see if he could fix it.
    Robin