Alpha Video Training

Thread: Reports - Embedded Graph - X-axis label : how to set to character value from record?

Real Name
    Fred P. Rost

Default Reports - Embedded Graph - X-axis label : how to set to character value from record?

Hi Guys.

I'm busy creating a report in AA v12. I want to embed a graph in the report, based on a table. This is a fairly simple table with records having a description (character) and a value (numeric).
    I can create the graph (bar vertically grouped, single series type).
    The graph shows nicely but I simply can not get the x-axis to show the decription field from the table. It now shows numeric values 0...1...2...3 per graph bar on the x-axis. Also, it does not show a legend.
    I can't find any setting for the legend (besides an option in styles) and I can't find a way to place the character value from the description field as the label on the bars on the x-axis.

Obviously, I'm missing something here.

I have watched all related videos (but most were pie-charts) and I searched the forums. Sorry guys, I'm stuck here. Can someone please push me in the back a little on this one?

Much appreciated!

Real Name
    Fred P. Rost

Default Re: Reports - Embedded Graph - X-axis label : how to set to character value from record?

Fiddling around with this, I think I found a solution. Don't know if it is THE solution, but at least it works. For those wondering or battling the same question:

At chart data, at data label, choose: chart.category
    Next, under chart category, category label, choose: the field with the description in it.

That's it.