Alpha Video Training

Thread: Report working for the last 3 months fine now all pictures in report are cropped

Real Name
    Sylvain Amyot

Default Report working for the last 3 months fine now all pictures in report are cropped

Hi,
    Alpha Anywhere Version (Registered): 12 Compiler: Microsoft C Compiler version 1914
    Build: 5159
    Addins: 5132
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Anyone has this problem, my report has been running for 3months with out any problems,

when I run the report locally on my computer the images are full when on the server they get cropped.
    Very frustrating it works locally but not published./

Its a layout table report and have a feild with an image:
    photo1alpha.PNG

whether i set the image to best fit or stretch the image gets cropped.

I tried modify the report and re-publish it nothing.

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Report working for the last 3 months fine now all pictures in report are cropped

If it works locally, make sure your "server" is running the SAME version number as the developer! Issues like that are almost always related to that.
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Real Name
    Sylvain Amyot

Default Re: Report working for the last 3 months fine now all pictures in report are cropped

it is the same version I made sure of that.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Release 5159 and several subsequent pre-releases that fixed a number of issues in 5159 are all a bit of a mess.

While your reports were working... what release were you at? Is it possible for you to roll back your dev and server to where you were before 5159... for a test?

Then... is it possible for you to install the latest dev and server pre-release as another test?

Real Name
    Sylvain Amyot

Thanks I will give it a try, this is happening since i upgraded with the latest update. And also I have to restart the server everyday because my list stop loading after one day. I will try with the pre-release first and see.

thanks

Real Name
    Charles Parker

I believe I had an issue where the dev version and the (remote) server version were the same but the issue was I did not install the server patch locally so I believe all 3 need to be done, which is what I was asking. When you upgraded your development version did you upgrade and patch the local server? There has to be a difference locally vs the remote server for it to work on one end and not the other as I was told there would not be any difference otherwise.
    Other than that, as DK suggested roll back. If that fixes it then there is a good chance there is a bug, but again I think, and someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong that when you install the development version locally you must also patch the local server to the same version, as well as your remote live servers in order to be correct and the same on both ends.
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

There is no patching a local server. The Dev environment includes the Development Server which does not require a separate patch.

Sylvain... the List issue you're having with your Alpha Server may be due, apparently, to several Windows Updates. Please see this thread...
    https://www.alphasoftware.com/alphaf...ication-Server

Real Name
    Charles Parker

Thanks, DK for that clarification as it is not only good to know but now it is clear to anyone else who reads my post and your reply.

Real Name
    Sylvain Amyot

I installed an older version and its working fine now, but I am getting very disappointed now with alpha, seems like to get more features out fast they are lacking on quality control, lost a customer because of all the problems.
    that was my biggest customer bringing at least 50+k per year now I am paying to resolve all the problems.