Alpha Video Training

Thread: Upgrading version 1.0.3

Real Name
    Gary R. Jones

Default Upgrading version 1.0.3

My files have been corrupted, so instead of trying to fix them, I want to upgrade from 1.0.3 to a newer version. I believe most forms, etc would be lost in the upgrade, the Index files would be OK. I do not want to pay loads of money for the upgrade, so how can I find newer version to upgrade to i.e 1.0.3 to 5 etc.

Gary

"Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews

Default Re: Upgrading version 1.0.3

Alpha no longer supports/(provides activation keys) for any version less than 11.

Your options are to find someone willing to sell a lower numbered version and has an activation key for it. You would then have to rename your computer to the same name as that used for the original activation or contact the sales department and see what a desktop only copy of V11 would cost.

What Windows version, etc is the machine you intend to use?
    There can be only one.

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Working on a v4.5 app(almost done) right now and the hardest report moved was moved to v7, then v8 and then v10 where it quit working at all. Finally looked at the old report and just rewrote it. Had similar with other stuff as well. Moving to v11 or similar is almost easier starting from just tables+indexes.

One idea, I think alpha would run older versions for about 30 days like a demo, which could be enough most of the time to help moving an old app up by steps. Of course, you may need an older vers. of windows to make it happen.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Gary R. Jones

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Working on a v4.5 app(almost done) right now and the hardest report moved was moved to v7, then v8 and then v10 where it quit working at all. Finally looked at the old report and just rewrote it. Had similar with other stuff as well. Moving to v11 or similar is almost easier starting from just tables+indexes.

One idea, I think alpha would run older versions for about 30 days like a demo, which could be enough most of the time to help moving an old app up by steps. Of course, you may need an older vers. of windows to make it happen.
    I had a sample of version 10 which upgrade OK. In the end I fixed the 1.03 and am using that. Whenever I make new entries I back it up on VM windows 95, thus I should not have this problem in the future.

gary