Alpha Video Training

Thread: Expanding Menu - First click to expand shows children quickly, then collapses

"Certified" Alphaholic kingcarol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol King

Default Expanding Menu - First click to expand shows children quickly, then collapses

I have just started playing with my first expanding menu on a ux component. I am on Build 5221-5152. When the very first click is done on the expanding menu to expand one of the menu items, it quickly does the expand showing the child items, but then immediately collapses, which means user has to click it a 2nd time. After that first click, the entire menu starts behaving properly and the expanded items do not disappear when clicked.

The top parent item that I named MENU has its Initial State set to Open, and if it is clicked to collapse right after the ux is opened, it collapses and then immediately reopens (FIRST time clicked only). On 2nd click, it behaves properly, as does the entire menu.

The rest of the items are children of the top parent item, and the ones that have their own children have their Initial State set to Closed.

Is there something I need to do in OnRenderComplete client side events of the ux (or somewhere else?) to get that menu to behave properly on the first click?
    Carol King
    Developer of Custom Homebuilders' Solutions (CHS)
    http://www.CHSBuilderSoftware.com

"Certified" Alphaholic kingcarol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol King

Default Re: Expanding Menu - First click to expand shows children quickly, then collapses

Well, I figured it out all by myself. I had a client side show/hide expression on the expanding menu object. I took it off, and the issue went away. SO, since I need the show/hide for it, I wrapped it in a container and put the show/hide expression on the container. No idea why that is, but all is well now. Thanks to anyone who pondered this. Hopefully, it'll help someone else who has the same issue.
    Carol King
    Developer of Custom Homebuilders' Solutions (CHS)
    http://www.CHSBuilderSoftware.com