Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Dropdownboxchoice error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropdownboxchoice error

Logged onto a ASW Page only to come up with error of too many parameters. Worked a couple of weeks ago, but stopped working after I re-published a UX component it calls from an action button. Go to www.assistedreferral.com Enter popper in User Id and careone11@ in Password to see error. Also happened in a Tabbedui executing a grid component that was not changed. Replaced grid component with a another with another grid component with drop down box and it worked. Sent error to Zebra and they said it was on my side. Although they suggested re-publishing component. I deleted ASW page. Inserted Grid component. Re-published grid component and ASW Page. Same error. They also mentioned something about them re-starting the component. Although I did hear back from them. Any suggestions. Thanks.
    Ken

Re: Dropdownboxchoice error

Does the component run OK in working preview?
    Have you done an upgrade to Alpha recently that maybe caused the issue?
    What database are you using?
    How is your drop down box setup? (Maybe a picture of the setup screen would be helpful)

The error, for anyone else looking is:
    Script:TEMPLATE line:18 rtc.grid_part.dropdownboxchoices.MF = a5gridHelper_getList(rtc, rtc.a_listCac a5gridHelper_getList(rtc,rtc.a_listCache,listDef,rv,"dropdownbox",rtc.a_connectionCache,tmpl): Too many parameters

This is an Alpha error - so if anything you would send a report to Alpha, not Zebrahost.

Comment

works in Live Preview and Working Preview. MySQL Database. Have not updated Alpha. although it is 4 years old.
      Attached Files

Comment

What is 4 years old? Your version of Alpha?

I would check your windows updates. You may find that an update to Windows (or maybe to your browser) at the time the component stopped working might be the culprit.

Do you get the same error in different browsers?

Comment

I know from previous errors of this nature that sometimes, going back into the dropdown builder, recalculate all fields, save and then publish clears up the error. I do not think it is page related but component instead. Also do you have any server-side or client side code referencing the dropdown? Does the drop down perform a lookup? If it does it may be an issue there.
          To test I would switch the drop down to a static list and republish, last but not least make dang sure the server is the same as the development version...mismatched versions will cause an issue.

If it works as expected with static data, proceed to rebuild your original drop-down choices.
          Let us know how it goes.
          NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

My Alpha License is as of 2014. I get same error in Iphone

Comment

You should seriously consider renewing your license and your server license.

If for no other reason than because software that old is vulnerable to attack AND an upgrade is likely to fix your problem. I realize that it was working fine for a long time, but updates to browsers and phones and to windows can cause problems too and the only way to get around those is to keep Alpha updated.

Afterwards, you can always let it expire again for another 4 years ...

Comment

I start with Alpha back in the Alpha Four days. Then installed Version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. The upgrades were only about $300 each. The cost of a Alpha now $4999. Upgrade maybe $1999. I am retired, so this is way out my current price range. I have 3 project I am re-starting after 4 years. Complete one of them will give income to upgrade. Until then I will have to do with version I have. Thanks for response.

Comment

Call Alpha and talk to a salesperson. Explain the situation. My guess is, as a user who has been with them for so long, you can talk them down a bit more.

And, like I said, you can probably go without paying again after the year is up. (Don't tell them that!)

You should at least call and get a quote. You might be surprised! Otherwise, you are going to continually have issues like the one you are experiencing.

Comment

Although you're experiencing an error I am still wondering if it cannot be rectified without an upgrade. If it worked a week or so ago it should still work within your current develoment environment.
                    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

From the picture, above, it looks like he's already using static data. (See third message.)

In case it got lost in the shuffle - earlier I had suggested you check recent updates. It's possible a recent update to windows has caused your issue. If there has been a windows update recently you might try rolling it back.

Also, you say you republished a component - maybe find a backup of that component from before the issue and publish the backup? Or maybe you have a server backup from before the issue and just copy the component back?

Comment

I agree with you Larry - a backup restore of the working component might just do the trick. I did see the static data and amended my post as I had overlooked that. again, I say if it worked once it might work again and should all things being equal and of course theres the catch.

Comment

Working...
                        X