Alpha Video Training

Thread: Button Audible click?

Real Name
    Bob Senski

Default Button Audible click?

Using Alpha's mobi styles, the button's style change in the styles are really faint, and if you are not concentrating on whether the button activated you can easily miss the state change.

I also noticed that if I have my device set to give an audible click during key strokes that this does not apply to button clicks.

This can be a big problem as the user will tend to click the button multiple times. Even if you use the example to check the state of the button to prevent it from being clicked twice the user is still not sure anything is happening. I Also looked at the locked overlay, but this seems like overkill.

A robust size and color change, and a sound would go a long way to notifying the user that they hit the right spot. The user feels out of control when they are not getting consistent pronounced visual and/or audio responses to their taps, and clicks. Any suggestions to get the button to shout at you? I'M Clicked!!!!!!!

The other thought I had was having a pronounced color/size change of the button that would persit until the operation would complete. So it would freeze prohibiting reclicks and would be obviously different until the operation finished.
    Last edited by bob9145; 12-30-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Real Name
    James A. Talbott, Jr.

Default Re: Button Audible click?

You could do an ajax callback and use ui_beep(X) where X = different types of beeps.
    Start typing ui_beep and you will see there is a right click list of options.
    That should help.
    Happy New Year.
    Jay
    Jay Talbott
    Lexington, KY

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Button Audible click?

Since the term "device" was used I kinda assumed either a mobile wep-app or a PGB app. I believe ui_beep() is desktop only... isn't it?