Alpha Video Training

Thread: Load Test Web App with different logins or how to make StresStimulus work.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Rich Fulham

Default Load Test Web App with different logins or how to make StresStimulus work.

Has anyone found a good way to load test an AA web application running under IIS such that each Virtual User for the load test signs in with a different login?

If anyone has gotten StresStimulus.com to work, I'd really appreciate some help with that. It has fantastic options for pumping test data into the load test , but I cannot seem to get the test scripts to work from one day to the next.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Rich Fulham

Default Re: Load Test Web App with different logins or how to make StresStimulus work.

Really? No one has gotten load testing to work?

I eventually got the scripts to work most of the time, but not always. My conclusion is that the script needed more "correlation", but I could be wrong.

"Correlation" is term used with HTTP/s protocol-based load testing tools that "teaches" the script how to handle the fact that some of the data in the http packets must be bound to the web session. The script has to recognize what pieces of data should be extracted from the server's responses and substituted in-place of the originally recorded values when posting back to the server. This is "headless" browser testing where just the data in the POSTS/GETS are manipulated for load testing. Mouse moves, clicks, etc are not recorded (or more specifically, played back) from the recorded script; just the low level data transmission at the http/s level is played back and manipulated.

For now I'm going with browser-based load testing. It has its problems, too. I will start separate thread on that.