Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

stripe checkout not defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripe checkout not defined

Hi

I have Stripe working on one application that I did a few years ago and now I am setting it up on another. When I test in localhost I get the error that dostripecheckout is not defined. Which I believe comes from not having the Stripe.js properly referenced. It works in live preview but not localhost. Having said this... I know I solved this problem when I did the last implementation and it was some method of adding in the js file to the project. I just can't figure out what I did, where I got stripe.js from and its not in my notes....

So how do I get stripe.js into the project?

Thanks
    tom

Re: stripe checkout not defined

So what I believe I am missing is the following:

<script src="https://checkout.stripe.com/checkout.js"></script>

So I believe the question should be how did I get this resource add into my first project!

Comment

If you're using a UX you can put a reference in the UX Properties Javascript Linked files. Put in it like...

Code:
      https://checkout.stripe.com/checkout.js
      Something else might be going on because LivePreview or LocalHost shouldn't make any difference since you're pulling the Stripe library from Stripe itself.
      Last edited by Davidk; 02-20-2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Hi David

That did not work. I had looked to see if I had added that into my other ux that works but its not there. I'm beginning to wonder if this is an issue with using the same api keys on two different applications. The exact error reference i'm getting is as follows:

doStripeCheckout_77438ab971e943709c5665aa75533b29 is not defined

could it be a keyed version of checkout to my specific api key?

maybe I need to create a separate account with new keys.

Comment

How are you calling Stripe? I thought it was a typo, but I don't recognize that error message format.

Using the same API keys won't matter... you can use the same keys in a hundred apps. You're just authenticating your Stripe account... that's all.

EDIT:

I see what you've done now... you've converted the Stripe Action Javascript into code.

So... the question is... do you have the Javascript and XBasic functions doStripeCheckout_77438ab971e943709c5665aa75533b29 in place? You'll find them in the "Declarations - Global" and "Xbasic functions" sections of your original component Action.

You may be better off just creating a new Action... and converting that.
          Last edited by Davidk; 02-20-2019, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Hi David,

I got laid up with travel and a cold for a few days. I'm calling Stripe through the built in Stripe component.

I see what your saying about the global declarations. I recreated the action and confirmed that the appropriate xbasic references are in the declarations and xbasic functions See below

If I run it from "http://localhost:1580/LivePreview/NEWBOOKING_PageLayoutLivePreview.a5w?vywwwyni=112634505" it works

if I run it from localhost or the WAS it fails with the dostripecheckout as undefined.

I've tried deleting the component, restarting the localhost and republishing.

Code:
            function doStripeCheckout_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f() {
            var obj = {
            "specifyAPIKeys": "Explicit",
            "testPublishableKey": "pk_test_XXXXXXXXXX",
            "livePublishableKey": "",
            "appType": "Test",
            "name": "XXXXXXXXXX",
            "appIcon": "",
            "currency": "USD",
            "locale": "auto",
            "xbasicFunctionName": "stripeCheckout_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f",
            "userOnStripeCheckoutCompleteFunction": "var e = {};\n if ({dialog.object}.getStripeResults) {\n\t\te = {dialog.object}.getStripeResults();\n\t} else {\n\t\te = A5.stripe.getEmbeddedStripeResults();\n\t}\nstripeCheckoutComplete(e);",
            "userGetChargeAmountFunction": "var charge = parseInt({dialog.object}.stateInfo['stripeAmount']); \n\nreturn charge ;",
            "userGetChargeDescriptionFunction": "return getDescription();"
            };
            obj.id = '9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f';
            if (typeof sObj_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f == 'undefined') {
              sObj_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f = new StripeCheckoutClass(obj);
            }
            sObj_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f.callStripeCheckout();
            }
            Xbasic callback

Code:
            function stripeCheckout_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f as c(e as p)
            DIM p as P
            DIM p.appType as C = "Test"
            DIM p.testSecretKey as C = "sk_test_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXC"
            DIM p.liveSecretKey as C

dim n as Helper::V8
            dim p2 as p
            p2._id = api_uuidcreate()
            p2._command = "stripeChargesCreate"
            p2._tokenId = e.token

dim skey as c
            if p.appType = "Test" then
            skey = p.testSecretKey
            else
            skey = p.liveSecretKey
            end if
            p2._key = skey
            p2._amount = e._state.charge.amount
            p2._description = e._state.charge.description
            p2._currency = e._state.charge.currency

dim jsonCmd as c
            jsonCmd = json_generate(p2)

dim result as c
            result = n.NodeRequest(jsonCmd)
            stripeCheckout_9ffa5a1934c343a78fff38db26aa224f = "{dialog.object}._stripeResults ="+result+";A5.stripe.results="+result+";"

end function

Comment

What build of Alpha are you using?

There we some builds of Alpha where they messed up installing the Stripe NodeJS stuff. In general, the way Alpha implemented Stripe using NodeJS is a bit of a mess. You're far better off using XBasic and the Stripe REST API... but that's another discussion.

Why are you converting the Stripe Action Javascript... or are you? Just curious. It the call failing using just the Action Javascript... not converted?

Can you post a simple UX and I'll try it here. I'll put in my Stripe API Key.

Comment

I'm on build 5487.

I wasn't converting the Stripe Action just showing that the action exists in the declarations.

It's working fine on another database under the same localhost and developer install, but I'll try updating to the latest build and make a simple ux to see if it will work.

thanks
                Tom

Comment

Build 5487 is ok... it was an older build last year that got messed up. I just tested build 5487 with the Action Javascript "Stripe - Process Stripe Payment" and it's ok... no issues when running published to localhost. Something else, other than the Stripe stuff is going on. Post a simple UX showing what you're doing.

Comment

Ok, so I created a simple UX for stripe, tested it and it worked. I then add in the testUX as an object on the original UX and it worked.

I then deleted the test UX and redefined the Stripe action again (Yes I had done this before) and now it works.

I don't know what changed or what fixed it but now it's seems to be working.

Thanks for your help, hopefully it stays fixed

tom

Comment

I don't know what this means...

I then add in the testUX as an object on the original UX...
                      Are you working with a parent UX and a child UX with the child UX calling Stripe?

Comment

Just an update on this issue. I had a stripe checkout action javascript defined in two places. Once I removed one of them it worked.

Comment

Working...
                        X