Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

New List Control Checkbox Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New List Control Checkbox Selector

There's a really nice new List Control Checkbox Selector in pre-release 5704. I've had a quick look under today's pre-release 5706 and it's a welcome addition.

As an untested first attempt it's not too bad. The styling is a bit funky because the checkbox (it's actually a check-circle) shifts about 4px to the right when it's selected... and stays there. The alignment is then off for the balance of that column.

There are 6 new "checkbox" methods available as well. Only 2 of them work... a 33% success rate... but that's about on par. I'm sure the others methods and the column alignment will get fixed at some point if someone tests them.

I don't see a way to "uncheck" a single row, or array of rows or values. You can uncheck all or check all (these fail currently). There's also no way to style the check-circle... maybe that'll be added as well.

Re: New List Control Checkbox Selector

Yep I was pretty excited to see this much needed functionality.
    Thanks for kicking the tires David, Seems I will wait for a couple of fixes before I get too excited.

Thanks Alpha, I have been waiting for a built in solution to this.

Comment

I noticed it too. It will be a useful enhancement. I hope it can be displayed as a checkbox as well as a check circle.

Comment

For anyone wanting to try out the Checkbox Selector, add this code into your List Event afterRenderComplete. The methods added to the List object are the same names as the Alpha methods. This code corrects the bugs in the Alpha code. This code also adds in the 2 methods that should also be available... .setUnCheckedRows() and .setUnCheckedValues().

Code:
        this.setCheckedRows = function(arr) {
        	var _d = this._data;
        	for(var i = 0; i < _d.length; i++) { 
        		if(arr.indexOf(i)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = true;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

this.setCheckedValues = function(arr) {
        	var _d = this._data;
        	var val;
        		val = _d[i]['*value']
        		if(arr.indexOf(val)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = true;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

this.unCheckAllRows = function() {
        	var _d = this._data;
        		_d[i]['__selected'] = false;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

this.checkAllRows = function() {
        	var _d = this._data;
        		_d[i]['__selected'] = true;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

this.setUnCheckedRows = function(arr){
        	var _d = this._data;
        		if(arr.indexOf(i)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = false;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

this.setUnCheckedValues = function(arr) {
        	var _d = this._data;
        	var val;
        		val = _d[i]['*value']
        		if(arr.indexOf(val)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = false;
        	}
        	this.refresh();
        }

Comment

Just had a look at it now the 4px thing mildly annoying... but does sot of create a pseudo animation effect :)

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
            For anyone wanting to try out the Checkbox Selector, add this code into your List Event afterRenderComplete. The methods added to the List object are the same names as the Alpha methods. This code corrects the bugs in the Alpha code. This code also adds in the 2 methods that should also be available... .setUnCheckedRows() and .setUnCheckedValues().

Code:
            this.setCheckedRows = function(arr) {
            	var _d = this._data;
            		if(arr.indexOf(i)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = true;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }

this.setCheckedValues = function(arr) {
            	var _d = this._data;
            	var val;
            		val = _d[i]['*value']
            		if(arr.indexOf(val)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = true;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }

this.unCheckAllRows = function() {
            	var _d = this._data;
            		_d[i]['__selected'] = false;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }

this.checkAllRows = function() {
            	var _d = this._data;
            		_d[i]['__selected'] = true;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }

this.setUnCheckedRows = function(arr){
            	var _d = this._data;
            		if(arr.indexOf(i)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = false;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }

this.setUnCheckedValues = function(arr) {
            	var _d = this._data;
            	var val;
            		val = _d[i]['*value']
            		if(arr.indexOf(val)>-1) _d[i]['__selected'] = false;
            	}
            	this.refresh();
            }
            Wow! as always, thanks David!

Comment

I've had a pretty good look at it... but cannot figure out how to fix it. If it went back after being unchecked... I might get it... but it doesn't... so it's really just buggy. I'm sure once the feature gets out of pre-beta it'll get straightened out... so to speak.

Comment

The List Checkbox feature has been updated to include custom icons... so that's excellent. The List Header can now include a checkbox as well which acts as a Check All/None feature. It doesn't work, but it is there. The 4px shift has been corrected... and the code for 4 out of the 6 methods is still broken and one method is still missing. This is progressing to be a welcome feature of the List Control.

Comment

This feature is a really good example of how a pre-release feature is not tested by Alpha and creeps into the official release with a number of bugs.

In Official Build 5863 here are the bugs carried forward from the pre-release:

Code:
                  lObj.checkAllRows();	//bug
                  lObj.unCheckAllRows();	//bug
                  lObj.setCheckedRows([1,3,4]);	//bug
                  lObj.setCheckedValues(["47","48"]);	//bug
                  lObj.setUnCheckedRows([3]);	//bug
                  lObj.setUnCheckedValues(["48"]);	//bug

var chkRows = lObj.getCheckedRows();	//works
                  var chkValues = lObj.getCheckedValues();	//works
                  That's 2 out of 8 methods that work.

The List Columns, again, shift right when a column is checked. This was fixed, but is now broken again.

The Option "Has check/un-check all control in column header" not only is grammatically bad, but does not work.

Finally, this error now shows in the console when working with the List Check-box select control...

Code:
                  174 ERROR: template expression - ReferenceError: vertical is not defined
                  That's an error happening 174 times just upon render. Every click of the Check-box select control produces another 174 errors. This has to impact something badly.

Please Alpha, test your releases... pre and official. If you want suggestions about how you might employ some kind of testing protocol, I'm there are many in this forum with good ideas.

Comment

I assumed that if I used the new CheckBox Select Control on the list and left my list property allow multi-select as false that I could only select one item at a time. However, it allowed me to select multiple items (Keeping the checkbox checked) as I checked a 2nd, 3rd, etc item in the list.

Is this a bug or am I not using this feature correctly?

Comment

I believe that's the correct behaviour. The checkbox selector is independent of the single/multi row selector. Your "checking" a row does not select that row.

It's still badly broken, but nothing that can't be overcome.
                      Last edited by Davidk; 06-11-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Hi
                        Actually this seems great for a simple use case i need right now.
                        Assuming i have a List CheckBox selector with options A, B, C and D
                        I would like to Show/Hide some other controls depending on those selections, i.e show a control only if A is selected, etc...any pointers, or am i gonna get bitten?

Thanks
                        Jaime

Comment

You want to show/hide other controls on the List Row?

Your example of A,B,C,D doesn't really speak to the List Checkbox Control. It's a simple true/false checkbox that indicates if a specific List row is checked or not.

If your example is regarding a List Control, then you'd want to incorporate a Radio Button Control within your List.

Besides, the List Checkbox Control is still (months now) badly broken and buggy. It's a great feature that's been forgotten and seems won't be fixed.

Comment

No, i wanted to create a list of Field Names that are hidden in the UX, and set them as visible depending on the checked options in that list.
                            In the end, i leaved it with my old method, i have a a checkbox for each field, clicking on the checkbox toggles visibility for a respective field.

Comment

I'm confused as to how to use these. I want to change the PRICE column on a list named ORDERITEMS to a set value of '1.49', on any row that's checked. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

Working...
                              X