Alpha Video Training

Thread: Switching focus from Form to Form not working correctly after software update

Real Name
    Willy Berchtold

Default Switching focus from Form to Form not working correctly after software update

Changing focus form one form to another is not always working us it used to. On the top Alpha menu bar, record numbers change, but record navigation stays with the previous selected Form. I have to also click on a field to make it work. very annoying. I am still using Windows 7. I am not sure after which update it started. I think it was
    around mid last year. We still have an non updated (version 2999-4519) runtime desktop using the same workspace. no issue here.
    Hope a future update will address this issue

Real Name
    Robin

Default Re: Switching focus from Form to Form not working correctly after software update

Try compacting the database - after making a back up
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Finian Lennon

Default Re: Switching focus from Form to Form not working correctly after software update

For what it's worth, I'm using that same build (the 2999-4519 one, that is) and have never had reason to move off of it. There really haven't been many (any?) new features or fixes that would justify moving to a later build, and my impression is that the latest builds, because of the internal architecture changes, have been pretty buggy. So unless there is some important new feature in a later build, don't change.
    Finian

Real Name
    Dave Mason

I am also using the same build and no issue. I have rt apps on all windows versions from XP3- 10+ and no issues by any of my clients or here. My computers are all on win10/10pro
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Willy Berchtold

I have not seen any improvements on the updates either. May be its best to stay with what is working

"Certified" Alphaholic Ronald Anusiewicz's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ronald Anusiewicz

That said, it would benefit the Alpha community greatly if you submit a bug report with a working example.
    Alpha Anywhere v3.5
    Version 12.3, Build 2999
    MySql56 & DBF's

Alpha 4, 5, Anywhere

Ron Anusiewicz

Real Name
    Willy Berchtold

For security and privacy issues I can not upload a bug report or workspace

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Willy, Have you copied all to a nonsecure private invironment and tested for the same problem? If the problem still exists, then a bug report from there. If problem goes away, then the security and privacy algorythms may be at fault somehow. Contact your IT at that point.
    Last edited by DaveM; 03-11-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Willy Berchtold

Solved! Had a script on one form triggered by event: OnDeactivate Script was: "parentform.Commit()" removed it. works fine now
    Thanks for all the help