Alpha Video Training

Thread: IIS Active Directory "Invalid Data Supplied" for some users

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Chris Tappan

Default IIS Active Directory "Invalid Data Supplied" for some users

Hey all, I'm trying to go live with a new version of an application today that uses Active Directory on IIS.

There is a single AD security group that all users must be in, but it's not any more complex than that. Once the login is completed, I tie the username to a value in an employee table to control other access permissions.

I'm able to log in using my AD credentials. In testing the same settings on a different server, another colleague was able to do the same. Today, a second colleague is getting the error "Invalid Data Supplied". This is a message from Alpha that isn't related to the credentials being right or wrong--those issues give different errors. The "Invalid Data Supplied", according to Alpha documentation here, is because "The data did not validate."

Can someone help me understand this?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Chris Tappan

Default Re: IIS Active Directory "Invalid Data Supplied" for some users

All, Lee Vasic (thanks, Lee). This was just a matter of the Active Directory account being locked out. On a related note, there is theoretically ways to customize the response messages in the login component so that you don't have to wonder what went wrong, but so far I haven't gotten that to work.