Alpha Video Training

Thread: 500 Internal Server Error

Real Name
    John Berry

Post 500 Internal Server Error

Hi everyone,

V11. This has been working forever and all of a sudden I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error. I have no clue what this means. I ran the program in live preview, it was not loaded on a browser. This has been working for a while and I've made no changes to the screen/grid being called. (Edit: I just ran it in Working Preview and it works - Live preview does not)

I recently did these things and maybe this caused the problem?

I decided to move to AA V12 so I backed up the V11 version and unzipped it into a completely different directory under V12.
    Opened the version in the V12 directory
    Worked on that version (in the V12 directory) - Everything works fine in V12
    Live Preview in V12 works fine.

Now, I'd prefer, at this point, to keep it in V12, however, whenever I try to publish it to my test site (where I already have the V11 version) it does not publish properly. I get 403 and 404 errors. I suspect I am not setting up the profile correctly but I've pretty much copied it from the V11 version which works.

So, if anyone can help me with just publishing the V12 version to my test site I'd be extremely grateful. I can then at least move forward with V12.

If that's not possible, can anyone help me with why I can't run my V11 anymore. I'd like to get one of them working so I can let users test again.

Thanks much

-John
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Certified" Alphaholic Ted Giles's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ted Giles

Default Re: 500 Internal Server Error

No takers eh?
    Well, as a DT person, I would look at the versions you developed in. They should be the same.
    Next, I would reinstall V11 and use your backup to get at the data.
    No Backup?
    Start building from what you have. Don't recreate, just open and re-save.
    Ted Giles
    Example Consulting - UK

http://ec12.example-software.com//
    See our site for Alpha Support, Conversion and Upgrade.

Real Name
    John Berry

Default Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Hi Ted,

Thanks for replying.

Yep, everything was in the same versions. I did a restore of the grid going back a long way and still had the same issue. Tried a full restore and same problem. I decided to go to V12 as it seemed to work there. Then I had issues publishing but with the help of DavidK, everything is now working (in V12). I had to bite the bullet at some point anyway so this turned out to be a good thing in the end. :)

I meant to reply to this several days ago to let folks know it was solved but forgot.

Never did figure out why V11 stopped working with that error or what that error even means but moving to V12 solved it.

Thanks for responding though. Greatly appreciated.

-John