Alpha Video Training

Thread: List Control And Video Player

Real Name
    Steven

Default List Control And Video Player

I have several List Controls in a UX Component that when you click on an item in the List Control, it pulls another Panel Card that has a Video Player component that gets set a URL to play a video. In the Phone Gap build version, those videos arent playing. When I go to Google Chrome web browser and open the UX Component the videos are playing correctly, this also works in the Safari browser. This was working but now seems not to. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Real Name
    Steven

Default Re: List Control And Video Player

Also with File Upload, seems in Google Chrome the dialog pops up to let me select the video file I want to upload but in the phone gap version it doesnt open the camera roll so I can select a video to upload. This was working, so thought it was similar problem to the one above. Is it something with the way Javascript is working in the Phone Gap build now?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

This looks to be an ongoing issue for you. Alpha build? PhoneGap Build CLI version? Plugins used?

Real Name
    Steven

Yeah, the video part seems to have some issues, but this problem is also affecting File Upload action and I have an onclick event with the javascript window.open code that doesnt work which use to, so seems it is something affecting several things. Alpha Version 12.4.5.5.0 Build 5667, Phonegap Build CLI 8.0.0. Plugins used are: Battery, Device, File, File Transfer, Geolocation, Globalization, Network Information, Notification, Splash Screen, Media Capture with MP4 Video, Whitelist.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Which File Upload Action... there are 4 of them. 5 if you include Image Upload. And... how is it configured?

Is it since the release of iOS 12.2 that you're having problems? You've not indicated iOS or Android. If it's iOS, it could be this issue...

PhoneGap Applications - Default Configuration - iOS Media Playback Requires User Action Property

Found in the pre-release notes... http://aadocuments.s3.amazonaws.com/...easeNotes.Html

Real Name
    Steven

That worked with the video part! Thanks. With the File Upload Action, it is just uploading to a S3 bucket using a Named Storage Connection String. Is that the information you need for the File Upload Action?