Alpha Video Training

Thread: Server-Side Refresh of list doesn't work in Static HTML Page (Application Cache)

Real Name
    Scott Binger

Default Server-Side Refresh of list doesn't work in Static HTML Page (Application Cache)

I have a very simple browser based application that is designed to work offline:

Three controls:
    One drop down with choices (A,B,C,D,E)
    One List with a search part
    One button with JavaScript to execute server-side search for the list

I have turned on "Create a static HTML page" page under the UX properties, saved and published both the UX and the generated HTML page (also set security settings to "Always Allowed"). When I do live and working previews in the UX, it renders perfectly and allows me to conduct a search as expected. This also holds true with doing a live preview of the html page. However, when I open the html page from the webroot folder, the page renders but the button to execute the search doesn't work. Any ideas?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Server-Side Refresh of list doesn't work in Static HTML Page (Application Cache)

Are you getting any console errors?

Real Name
    Scott Binger

Default Re: Server-Side Refresh of list doesn't work in Static HTML Page (Application Cache)

Ahh... yes

a5.js:254 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'file:///C:/A5Webroot/Project1/DIAGNOSE_LIST_SERVERSIDE_REFRESH.a5wcmp?__virtualPage=__a5RunDialog.a5w&__dialogFilename=DIAGNOSE_LIST_SERVERSIDE_REFRESH&__alias=DLG1&__unsaved=no' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Right... that's what I was expecting. You can't really run an Alpha static page directly... by just double-clicking it from the A5Webroot folder. It will display... but it's not connecting to anything... and can't... because it's local... CORS will be unhappy about that. In published or live preview scenarios, you're running from your local server... so that's ok.

Why would you want to run directly from the A5Webroot folder?

Real Name
    Scott Binger

That makes complete sense. As far as running from the webroot folder, there is no reason other than I just happened to open it from that location. Thanks David.