Alpha Video Training

Thread: Minifying/Compressing CSS

Real Name
    Stephen Irving

Default Minifying/Compressing CSS

I have a very large sass file I am using in my Alpha Anywhere application, and obviously the style builder converts that to CSS. For a production app, I know that CSS files, especially very large ones, should be minified to maximize optimization. I have not been able to find a way to do this in Alpha though. If I compile the sass myself and then minify it, it gets written over when Alpha builds. Surely there must be a way to do this within Alpha. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would really appreciate it, thank you.

Real Name
    Sparticuz

Default Re: Minifying/Compressing CSS

It would be nice to disable scss generation in the theme builder. I build my scss theme outside of alpha then just overwrite all the css in the theme builder.

Real Name
    Sparticuz

Looks like you can paste your css directly into the css file of your theme and it will publish it appropriately. (minified). Only compiles the scss on save in the web builder apparently.

Real Name
    Stephen Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticuz View Post
    Looks like you can paste your css directly into the css file of your theme and it will publish it appropriately. (minified). Only compiles the scss on save in the web builder apparently.
    Thank you for the reply! I actually figured that out late last night through trial and error. Kind of a pain but it is going to save me about 30kb so I am happy to have figured out a workaround.

Real Name
    Sparticuz

I've given up on saving bandwidth. Their built in js file is a few Megs and they've told me they are not going to be slimming that down any time soon

Real Name
    Stephen Irving

Our app is painfully slow right now so I'm shaving anywhere possible.