Alpha Video Training

Thread: MySQL Test Connection Error: 2509 'Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password, cannot be loaded."

Real Name
    Ramesh Srinivasan

Default MySQL Test Connection Error: 2509 'Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password, cannot be loaded."

Hi,
    I am a new user of alpha anywhere.

When testing alphadao connection to MySQL, I get alpha error: 2509 'Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password, cannot be loaded."

Is the above error because of the 'Authentication Method' in MySQL that I chose? If I change the authentication method to "Use Legacy Authentication Method ...", then MySQL gives me an error Preparing authentication plugin change. Thank you for your help.

Ramesh

Real Name
    Ramesh Srinivasan

Default Re: MySQL Test Connection Error: 2509 'Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password, cannot be loaded."

Quote Originally Posted by rssrinivasan View Post
    Hi,
    I am a new user of alpha anywhere.

When testing alphadao connection to MySQL, I get alpha error: 2509 'Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password, cannot be loaded."

Is the above error because of the 'Authentication Method' in MySQL that I chose? If I change the authentication method to "Use Legacy Authentication Method ...", then MySQL gives me an error Preparing authentication plugin change. Thank you for your help.

Ramesh
    I was able to resolve the above error by making updates to the MySQL installation (based on online information).