Alpha Video Training

Thread: Problem with SESSION Show/Hide

Real Name
    John Mucci

Default Problem with SESSION Show/Hide

Hello,

Looking for some help in a grid to show/hide a Tab Pane using a published session variable.
    As you see in the photo I'm testing my result from the Session variable and it works correctly, however when using it to show/Hide the tab it does not read true.
    Any help?

Alpha1.JPG

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Problem with SESSION Show/Hide

when is the session variable being set? that may be a clue, timing is everything...
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Real Name
    John Mucci

Thanks Charles upon logging in the users are redirected to an A5 page then sent on to the Tabbed UI.

What is strange I use SESSION Variables throughout my Tabbed UI without a problem, even in the Photo I shown it does recognize the Session user's name.

Unless you mean something else?

Code:
    dim session.ShortName as c 

CN = filename_from_alias("C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Old_Alpha\Shipment_Database\users.DBF")
    filter = "email = '"+ a5ws_getcurrentuser()+ "'"
    result = "firstname"
    session.CurrentUserName = lookup(cn,filter,result)

session.UserID = a5ws_getcurrentuser()

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Ok, so I think the embedded component in the tabbed ui may need to have the session variable "set" again in the on dialog init assuming it's being loaded onclick via a button. You may be able to define it at the component level OR the argument bindings (in the component definition) in the tabbedUI - I think as I said the timing of the drawing of the parts of the component may be happening prior to the session variable being set in the component. Even a millisecond may count.
    IF that doesn't work, you may want to write some javascript to hide it client side in the component.

Now, if there is no component and this is a tab pane in the tabbedUI I am pretty sure that it is server-side which would mean you may want to put that same code in the onTabbedUIInitialize event to set the session var since they are already logged in. Similar solution though either way. Even though a lot of people follow that same method, I always set the session vars loading with every component, and send users to the login page if it doesn't exist with a value. Seems to work best that way and it is a single callback so it doesn't seem to be too much trouble to just do it.
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Real Name
    John Mucci

Got it I will give it a try thanks.
    John