Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Need A5 Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need A5 Developers

Hello everyone.

I have an A5 app that I've developed over the years.
    I am now retiring and my customer base will be in need of A5 developers to do custom A5 work from time to time.
    The app is for processing inventory data.

The bulk of the work is taking the Pricebook file from a store (UPC, description, price, etc)...usually some form of text file
    and then converting that data into data my system can use... a simple comma-delimited text file.

Once the inventory count is done, the inventory count file (comma delimited text) needs to be converted into something the customer needs (again, usually a form of text file).

When I have done it, it typically takes me a few hours work to complete.
    Since you would not be as familiar with my system as I am, my guess is 1 full day would be typical.

Occasionally, these type jobs can run into hundreds of hours of work but the smaller jobs are much more common.

The vast majority of jobs are for U.S. customers.

I'm getting together a list of interested developers that I can give to my customers.
    If interested, give me your name, rates, contact info and where you are located.
    My customers will contact you as the need arises.

Please note that I recommend getting at least some money up front before starting any of these jobs and giving them an estimate of the total charges.

Re: Need A5 Developers

Hi John,
    Application development would be writing code to execute the tasks you describe to a level of pushing buttons and having data processed by Alpha. I develop functionality that has Alpha import, parse, divide, subdivide, evaluate, combine, compile, assemble and export data into files and reports. At least that's what I do as a developer. Your description sounds far more like data processing than application development. Although I would be interested in what you have. What version of A5 is your app developed under?
    Mike W

Comment

John,

Do you have a sample of the type of file that may need processing and requirements for the input file to Alpha? In general these tasks can be automated to a greater or lesser degree once the requirements are known. As Mike says above, this task would fall under the data processing umbrella rather than development.

Comment

John,
        I just restarted my data services business and looking to add customers to kick start it.. I have been doing Alpha work since 2003 and have some unique ways to server the clients. My pricing is very reasonable. If you are still looking, please contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Have built several aa apps wheer this information was run from a button by user and auto imported and did various breakdowns and inserting into records. I have done this with emails, csv, xls and other. It is data entry to a great degree, but can be done programmatically.

Car business Parts usually get an excel sheet by email. Sometimes thousands of new part, new prices, replace the prices. Push the button and done in a minute or two.
          May take 2 days to write the code
          Dave Mason
          [email protected]
          Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Hi John
            We would be interested to work with you on this project. We do both application development, data conversion as well as data entry. We are located in New Jersey and have been in software development for over 15 years. I have extensive programming expertise. Beside on shore I can provide very cost-effective offshore date processing/data entry work as well which will benefit the client as well for larger jobs.

Comment

Working...
            X