Alpha Video Training

Thread: Need A5 Developers

Real Name
    John Cunradi

Default Need A5 Developers

Hello everyone.

I have an A5 app that I've developed over the years.
    I am now retiring and my customer base will be in need of A5 developers to do custom A5 work from time to time.
    The app is for processing inventory data.

The bulk of the work is taking the Pricebook file from a store (UPC, description, price, etc)...usually some form of text file
    and then converting that data into data my system can use... a simple comma-delimited text file.

Once the inventory count is done, the inventory count file (comma delimited text) needs to be converted into something the customer needs (again, usually a form of text file).

When I have done it, it typically takes me a few hours work to complete.
    Since you would not be as familiar with my system as I am, my guess is 1 full day would be typical.

Occasionally, these type jobs can run into hundreds of hours of work but the smaller jobs are much more common.

The vast majority of jobs are for U.S. customers.

I'm getting together a list of interested developers that I can give to my customers.
    If interested, give me your name, rates, contact info and where you are located.
    My customers will contact you as the need arises.

Please note that I recommend getting at least some money up front before starting any of these jobs and giving them an estimate of the total charges.

"Certified" Alphaholic Mike Wilson's Avatar
    Real Name
    mike wilson

Default Re: Need A5 Developers

Hi John,
    Application development would be writing code to execute the tasks you describe to a level of pushing buttons and having data processed by Alpha. I develop functionality that has Alpha import, parse, divide, subdivide, evaluate, combine, compile, assemble and export data into files and reports. At least that's what I do as a developer. Your description sounds far more like data processing than application development. Although I would be interested in what you have. What version of A5 is your app developed under?
    Mike W

Real Name
    Jon P Moody

John,

Do you have a sample of the type of file that may need processing and requirements for the input file to Alpha? In general these tasks can be automated to a greater or lesser degree once the requirements are known. As Mike says above, this task would fall under the data processing umbrella rather than development.

Real Name
    David Shaw

John,
    I just restarted my data services business and looking to add customers to kick start it.. I have been doing Alpha work since 2003 and have some unique ways to server the clients. My pricing is very reasonable. If you are still looking, please contact me at dshaw1653@gmail.com

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Have built several aa apps wheer this information was run from a button by user and auto imported and did various breakdowns and inserting into records. I have done this with emails, csv, xls and other. It is data entry to a great degree, but can be done programmatically.

Car business Parts usually get an excel sheet by email. Sometimes thousands of new part, new prices, replace the prices. Push the button and done in a minute or two.
    May take 2 days to write the code
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Prakash M

Hi John
    We would be interested to work with you on this project. We do both application development, data conversion as well as data entry. We are located in New Jersey and have been in software development for over 15 years. I have extensive programming expertise. Beside on shore I can provide very cost-effective offshore date processing/data entry work as well which will benefit the client as well for larger jobs.