Alpha Video Training

Thread: Snaking List Row/Cell height

Real Name
    Daniel Binns

Default Snaking List Row/Cell height

I have list with 8 rows laid out as a snaking list (4x2). Each row has 3 columns (2 digit value, Text, datetime).

How can I make the second column of data always take up 2 rows so that the cells are always the same height? col1 is always 1 row, col2 is 1 or 2, col 3 is always 2.

List layout is just {col1}<br/>{col2}<br/}{col3}

Current results attached.

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 12.05.58.png

"Certified" Alphaholic TheSmitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah

Default Re: Snaking List Row/Cell height

Quote Originally Posted by dbinns View Post
    I have list with 8 rows laid out as a snaking list (4x2). Each row has 3 columns (2 digit value, Text, datetime).

How can I make the second column of data always take up 2 rows so that the cells are always the same height? col1 is always 1 row, col2 is 1 or 2, col 3 is always 2.

List layout is just {col1}<br/>{col2}<br/}{col3}

Current results attached.

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 12.05.58.png
    Set the Item Height property on the List properties tab to an explicit value. You can open the Chrome Debugger to inspect your list items to see how tall they are or test different values (e.g. 150px, 200px, ...) until you get what you want.
    Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release

Real Name
    Daniel Binns

Ah sorry I should have provided more information.

I am aware of the item height property, and I am using the item width property to set the width. Unfortunately it looks like width accepts % and height does not?

What is shown in the screenshot is half the data (there is another row of 4 columns below it). This is intended to be on a large display (exact size unknown but 50+' TV).

I was hoping to be able to use something to force a % so that 2 rows take the entire height of the screen.

"Certified" Alphaholic TheSmitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by dbinns View Post
    Ah sorry I should have provided more information.

I am aware of the item height property, and I am using the item width property to set the width. Unfortunately it looks like width accepts % and height does not?

What is shown in the screenshot is half the data (there is another row of 4 columns below it). This is intended to be on a large display (exact size unknown but 50+' TV).

I was hoping to be able to use something to force a % so that 2 rows take the entire height of the screen.
    Height does support % values, however it only works if you've given the containing element a height as well (in this case, the List). Given the nature of snaking columns, however, I am not sure how you could define something like "50% of the list height" since the height will be derived from the total height of the list.

Percentages
    The percentage is calculated with respect to the height of the generated box's containing block. If the height of the containing block is not specified explicitly (i.e., it depends on content height), and this element is not absolutely positioned, the value computes to auto. A percentage height on the root element is relative to the initial containing block.
    You should probably use viewport values instead. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...wport_concepts.
    Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release