Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

HTTPS issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HTTPS issues

Index.a5w is a forwarding page. If you try to go to it, it will automatically take you to login.a5w.

It uses Alpha's response.redirect command.

In case that takes a moment, it will display "Redirecting you to our login page."

It does nothing else.

Comment

I will check the TLS setting for the Student Adventures website. We link to that for several things, since it is the company's main website.

Comment

So now when I go to the site (in edge), I get this error:

SEC7120: [CORS] The origin 'ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge' failed to allow a cross-origin font resource at 'ms-appx-web:///assets/Fonts/BrowserMDL.ttf#Browser MDL2 Assets'.

If I get this error, it won't load securely.

But if I simply refresh the screen, the error goes away and does not appear to return. However, if I close the browser and start again, the error comes back for the initial request, then goes away again on a refresh.

I did some searches, but I don't see how anything I have found is supposed to help me resolve this. Anyone else encounter this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Comment

Note: If anyone knows an expert on Edge/web security that might be able to help me out here, please send them my way. Gotta get this fixed for good. Every time I fix one issue another pops up.

Again, this is a site that has been working fine for YEARS. Just started having this issue in Edge. Firefox was an issue, but it seems to be better now.

Comment

Is this the site in question: https://www.studentadventures.org

If so when I navigate to it, in Edge, I don't see any issues. Where are you seeing a problem? In the console?
            Mike Brown - Contact Me
            Programmatic Technologies, LLC
            Programmatic-Technologies.com
            Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

This may help.
              https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...sues/20612115/
              Also check any fonts, CSSFonts or SVGFonts in the build are not sourced from a non secure site eg. http Vs https.
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein, (attributed)
              US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Mike, that is not the site. the site is www.easytrack.us

Comment

Pete,

I did see that article. But all of the solutions are talking about how to fix the browser. I think the problem is with the site - as I can navigate to other sites in Edge just fine.

And I don't understand why it only says it's insecure sometimes - like it's having trouble accessing a font file. If the file it is accessing was insecure, it would ALWAYS be insecure, not every other refresh.

But I will look (again) for any references to any files from insecure sites.

Comment

From my google searches this seems like a Microsoft issue specifically with Edge that Microsoft hasn't/isn't handling well. I'm not sure there is anything you can really do about it.
                    Mike Brown - Contact Me
                    Programmatic Technologies, LLC
                    Programmatic-Technologies.com
                    Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Mike,

There must be SOMETHING I can do about it. Not every site on the internet has this issue. So if it means I have to download some files locally or something I will do so.

I just don't know WHICH files I need to keep local or where they are being referenced.

Maybe I need to change a font so it doesn't need to go looking?

I can write HTML and CSS, but I am hardly an expert at it ….

Comment

New Error popped up this morning. It said it can not load fonts for ErrorPageStyles.css

What is that css file? I did a search of my c drive and it looks like it's actually a windows or edge file.

Comment

I see this error in many places when browsing site https://studentadventures.org in Edge console. I understand that it is not your site.

Code:
                           SEC7137: [Mixed-Content] The origin 'https://studentadventures.org' was loaded in a secure context and loaded an optionally blockable insecure image resource at 'http://studentadventures.org/wp-content/themes/sa/img/banner_default.png'.
                          But you have for example this link in your own site
                          HTML Code:
                          https://studentadventures.org/contact-us/
                          . The links loads unsecure
                          HTML Code:
                          http://studentadventures.org/wp-content/themes/sa/img/banner_default.png

Kenneth

Comment

I'll get that fixed, thank you!

Comment

Of course, the Student Adventures site loads fine in Edge despite this error ...

Comment

Continuing Saga:

I have fixed all the insecure links I have found so far. I then devised another test:

I moved the entire site to another Alpha server. The other server was already secure, I just put it under a different directory and test it under the others server's secure URL.

On that new URL and new server, it does not give a security error.

So I reinstalled Alpha on the old server, wondering if there was a corruption problem. The reinstall did not fix it.

So now I am wondering - does Edge not like ".US" sites? (The site is easytrack.us).

Is there maybe an issue with the actual IP address of the new server? Like did it get put on a watchlist for some reason?

The trouble is I just am not a security expert - so...

I want to thank everyone for their help so far - looking for a consultant who IS a security expert for help. Willing to pay for the right person's time to get this fixed.

And still open to suggestions as to what to try next.

Comment

Working...
                                X