Alpha Video Training

Thread: Looking for help!

Real Name
    John Mark

Default Looking for help!

I am new to Alpha and need some help getting started. I have general and specific questions that I would like to be able to ask to a Mentor on a paid basis, to help me get started. I am in Chicago and looking for someone in the US time zones who would be willing to work with me on a audio call and screen share to help me understand some issues I am facing. You can contact me directly at jmark@stayintouch.us.

Real Name
    John Mark

Post Re: Looking for help!

I am new to Alpha and need some help getting started. I have general and specific questions that I would like to be able to ask to a Mentor on a paid basis, to help me get started. I am in Chicago and looking for someone in the US time zones who would be willing to work with me on a audio call and screen share to help me understand some issues I am facing. You can contact me directly at jmark@stayintouch.us. If you are interested, I would like to send you a link to download my current AA project files and MS Access back end db along with a list of the specific questions i have. Most of them are general about AA design, and some are specific to my AA project.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Looking for help!

Happy to help out. You'll find a lot of help here if you post specific questions... and... please, please include your Alpha build #. Alpha has different bugs in different builds... so if you run into anything odd, it must be confirmed with the same build you're using.

My first piece of advice... dump the Access back end. You'll always be fighting it... it's not worth keeping. Go to MySQL, or SQL Server, or MariaDB... they'all all free. I'm not against Access... I built a career on it... but it's not right for Alpha given the power available with SQL databases.

Real Name
    John Mark

Thanks Dave, do you have a phone number i can call you on?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Gregg Schmidt

Hi John,

I am willing to help as well. Easy enough to reach by email (mkesux@wisux.com) .
    Phone can always be done (608)345-2697.

I concentrate on making my projects functional. If you need pretty, that would be someone other than me.

Gregg