Alpha Video Training
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Moved to different server - lost security

  1. #1
    Member
    Real Name
    Keith Stansbury
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default Moved to different server - lost security

    I had a server set up and working fine. Using AlphaAnywhere - and MS Sql. Hosted on Zebrahost.
    Sunday we shut the server down. cloned it and put it on a new server. I changed all of the Connection strings to a domain name, and updated the IP address.
    Everything appears to be there, but security wont work now.
    It tells me "Login Information Incorrect". I can see the web security tables in MS Sql. They are also in the Link tables. All of the tests for Sql connection come back success.

    I've republished the entire project. Republished security. Turned security off and back on for the server.

    Any ideas on what I might be missing.

  2. #2
    Member
    Real Name
    Sean OKelly
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Moved to different server - lost security

    I would post your version info (server version and dev version). My initial guess would be the server version and your development version are not matching. Also, is the server using Alpha for IIS or the Alpha Web Server standard?

  3. #3
    "Certified" Alphaholic kkfin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kenneth
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,535

    Default Re: Moved to different server - lost security

    I do not see that you have lost your security. Seems to work. Your login information is incorrect.

  4. #4
    Member
    Real Name
    Keith Stansbury
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Moved to different server - lost security

    The login information was correct. I had changed all the connection strings to a domain name. Switch the ip address after the new server was up and running. Could see the login page fine. Took a long time to come back with an error. So I remotely logged into the new server. Tried the domain name. It timed out. Added 127.0.0.1 to the hosts file along with the domain name, and all of a sudden it started working.

Similar Threads

  1. Lost all alpha login security and all on code tab
    By DaveM in forum Windows Desktop Applications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 04:13 AM
  2. Submit works fine in live preview, not when moved to server
    By Anita Headley in forum Application Server Version 11 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 05:19 PM
  3. Security configuration lost data error
    By Peter.Greulich in forum Application Server Version 11 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  4. moved SQL database to new server
    By villmx in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 09:21 PM
  5. Level Security and Group Security on single server
    By den1s in forum Application Server Version 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 06:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •