Alpha Video Training

Thread: Unbound UX Modal Component opened with "Open a UX Component"

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Default Unbound UX Modal Component opened with "Open a UX Component"

Guys,

Can someone give me a hand, I have an Unbound UX Component that is called from another UX Component using the "Open a UX Component". In the calling program I have set up three Global Javascript Variables as per

"Understanding Global Javascript Variables and the 'Window' Namespace" at [URL="https://www.viddler.com/v/737e767d"]

I have tested that the variables have been created as well as loaded with the correct data.

When the Unbound UX Component displays a Script Error message saying that the 'Store_ID' is missing, however this is the Name of one of the Unbound Textbos Components on the form?

In the afterValidate client side event I have the following code to grab one of the Globals and I get an 'undefined' popup message from the Alert and a 'Store_ID' is undefined from the Second

alert(window[StoreID]);

{dialog.Object}.setValue(Store_ID, window.StoreID );

I am open to any ideas on why I cannot read a Global Javascript Variable from within a Javascript afterValidate client side event.

Any help that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

Default Re: Unbound UX Modal Component opened with "Open a UX Component"

Are you familiar with using arguments for this kind of thing?

You can declare arguments in the unbound UX properties.

Then set the value of the arguments from the calling UX. Just go through the regular action javascript to build the action to Open a UX Component and set/pass the values.

Then in the unbound UX you can get the value of an argument with e.arguments.find("argumentName").data if server side. If client-side, use {dialog.Object}.argumentValue(argumentName);
    -Steve

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Steve,

Thank you so much for responding to my lack of knowledge, I have created the three arguments in the unbound UX, and I have filled them with the correct information on the calling UX.

Now what is the best client side event to place the code to put the argument information into the listbox components and what would that look like?

When I place the "{dialog.Object}.setValue(Store_ID, {dialog.Object}.argumentValue(STOREID) );" into the afterValidate client side event,
    I still get nothing in the Store_ID field on the screen, also I have an "alert({dialog.Object}.argumentValue(STOREID) + ' - afterValidate' )" that is not displayed when I run it.

I have attached 3 screen shots of setting up the ArgumentsafterValidate.JPGDefineArguments.JPGOpen UX Genie.JPGafterValidate.JPG

I really do appreciate the help that you so freely give to your fellow developers

I just looked at the photos that I uploaded and the first and last are incorrect the text looks like this

alert({dialog.Object}.argumentValue(STOREID) + ' - afterValidate' )
    {dialog.Object}.setValue(Store_ID,{dialog.Object}.argumentValue(STOREID));

Thanks

Mark

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Guys,

I got it to work with a little bit of help from Selwyn, below is how you have to format it to work properly

{dialog.Object}.setValue('DESCRIPTION', {dialog.Object}.argumentValue('DESC'), false );

Please NOTE the SINGLE QUOTES around the Textbox Field Name as well as being around the 'Argument' name.

Mark