Alpha Video Training

Thread: Issue with- Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in a UX

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Default Issue with- Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in a UX

Forum Wizards,

I have watched your Video 'Edit the Current Row in a List Control in another UX Component' UXL-V12-49, and read the Documentation on Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in a UX

I have created the New Child UX which has 6 fields on it and Bound it to the same table as the Parent UX. I have mapped the Data Fields from the Parent UX to the Component Fields on the Child UX. When the Parent UX invokes the Child UX it pops up with the data from the List component in the Parent UX in 5 of the 6 fields.

I can modify and save the data in the other fields, but the 6th field does not show any data and if I place any values into it they are not saved.

There is nothing special about this field and I have gone back and checked it against the other fields and nothing sticks out.

Any ideas on what might cause this issue

Mark
    Last edited by markemoss; 10-03-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Lost almost all of post when I submitted it

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Default Re: Issue with- Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in

Forum Wizards,

I have watched your Video 'Edit the Current Row in a List Control in another UX Component' UXL-V12-49, and read the Documentation on Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in a UX

I have created the New Child UX which has 6 fields on it and Bound it to the same table as the Parent UX. I have mapped the Data Fields from the Parent UX to the Component Fields on the Child UX. When the Parent UX invokes the Child UX it pops up with the data from the List component in the Parent UX in 5 of the 6 fields.

I can modify and save the data in the other fields, but the 6th field does not show any data and if I place any values into it they are not saved.

There is nothing special about this field and I have gone back and checked it against the other fields and nothing sticks out.

Any ideas on what might cause this issue

Mark

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

Default Re: Issue with- Open a UX component to Edit Current Record in List Control in a UX, or add a new Record to a List Control in

i suspect that there is no data binding defined for the 6th field whereas all of the other 5 fields have the correct data binding defined.

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Selwyn,

Thank you so much for your reply, but attached please find a Screen Shot of the 'Bind Controls for Fields' clearly showing the Service_Status field bound to the Table's Service_Status.

Mark

BindControls.JPG

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

please attach a test case. your test case will include both the component and a backup of the sql database.

Real Name
    Sean OKelly

Does the parent UX list have all the same fields associated with it? I'm thinking that the parent and sibling aren't matching...

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Sean,

Thank you so much for your reply, but no the parent has many more fields than the Child, but the child is being sent the Six Fields that it needs as Arguments that the child is requesting. 5 of the 6 get and display the data correctly, but the 6th field does not and if you look it is actually the second field in the list.

Mark

Real Name
    Jeremy Scrime

I ran into this issue last week. I ended up rebuilding the form from scratch after various attempts to resolve the problem. Hopefully the issue can be identified as the alternate solution I have is not all that practical.

"Certified" Alphaholic peteconway's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Conway

One is a date type and one is a time type, what happens if you make them both the same?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Real Name
    Mark Moss

Peter,

I see what you mean with the Date/Time Field differeance, however the field that was not working properly was the Service_Status field.

Mark

"Certified" Alphaholic peteconway's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Conway

Re ‘Service_Status’ - Could be some reserved words in there (who knows what they are these days) try changing the name.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)