Sorry for the horrible title. I don't know how to describe what I'm seeing, and I don't know how to fix it. Hopefully someone can help as I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a few days now.

This is on Alpha version 5447_5206. I know its old at this point, and I'm already taking steps to move to the latest version, but this still needs fixing.

Here is my situation:

I added a new column to an existing database table, I added the appropriate code to my xbasic to update it (I'm constructing a SQL string to do the update all at once for multiple columns). The column is similar to others, so it was a minor thing to copy the code, etc. Tested it with the development server, worked great. I remote published to the Live environment and tested it, the column will not update its value.

I tried a myriad of things, including adding logging to see if its generating the correct SQL statement. I create / append to a log file before the SQL is executed in the xbasic. This logging (creating the file, appending to it) also works on the development server but not on the Live environment.

I've republished multiple times; deleted all the files and republished. No good.

Finally a breakthrough: With the intent of moving to the latest version of Alpha, I created a new configuration XML file to point to the new Alpha server. But first I pointed it to the 5447_5206, brought it up with port 8080 and no license key, to test it one more time.... and it all worked. I was able to update the new column, it created the log file with the correct SQL.

So this is where I am at. I don't know why what I did worked, but I can't bring that back into the normal launch of my application. If I knew what was causing this issue... but I don't.