Alpha Video Training

Thread: Application Server Running on Windows Server 2016 works only on localhost

Real Name
    Isang Udo-Akagha

Default Application Server Running on Windows Server 2016 works only on localhost

I have this small but very big problem after migrating my websites on vps from the older windows server 2008 to the modern windows 2016 server which is quite new to me. Alpha Anywhere sever installs fine on the new VSP, the web files and folders are moved into place and Alpha anywhere full license key is running fine. The website show up normally when browsing from the server machine itself but not when browsing from any other computer on earth.

I understand we need to open up "SERVER MANAGER" and add some certain "ROLES AND FEATURES" before it works but I am still struggling to find the exact "ROLES AND FEATURES" to add, before Windows Server 2016 will let me have some peace. I am not doing ISS for now. Just native alpha application server on dbf database.

Any help? Thanks

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Default Re: Application Server Running on Windows Server 2016 works only on localhost

There is not enough information here. PM me the public ip address so I can see what actually appears in the browser when attempting to access the website.
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    Isang Udo-Akagha

Default Re: Application Server Running on Windows Server 2016 works only on localhost

WS 2016 is build in such a way that nothing really works until you choose which features and needed for your application. Please take a look at the following link. It's a guide for developers using a sever application called vfire, which can also be installed on a VPS. What they have done is to provide this guide for their developers who choose to deploy on Windows Server 2016. Alpha developers who are new to WS 2016 will need some sort of guide like this, so that we know which features of WS 2016 to enable.

I hope this explains better.

https://www.alemba.help/help/content...g%20server.htm

Thanks

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Did you get your server working from outside your localhost yet? Most likely your issue is a simple firewall issue. Try disabling your firewall temporarily and see if you can gain access from outside. If that works, then you need to add the Alpha Anywhere to your framework as an allowed application. And, you might need to open port 80 and/or port 443 if they are purpously closed on your server. If it fails, please make a screenshot of what you do see so we can tell what is happening. I don't recall making any changes to Roles and Features for my Windows 2016 installation. If anything, it would be to install .Net Framework.
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    Isang Udo-Akagha

I've just turned off windows firewall and it works.