Alpha Video Training

Thread: Internal Error 500

Real Name
    Rusty B

Default Internal Error 500

Alpha Build 6194 and IIS server on Windows 2012. We have a PhoneGap 9.0 mobile app that we run on Android 7.1. For time to time, when trying to do a simple SaveListEdits command, I will get a console log error "Internal Error 500". The error appears to be immediate and doesn't appear to ever make contact with the server. I also have code in my Server-side onDialogExecute that writes to a log file on the server. But when I get this error, the log is not written to at all, further leading me to believe that the server is never contacted. The funny thing is that all I usually have to do to solve this problem is to close the app on the tablet and get back in, and the sync works fine. Has anyone seen something like this before? Can anyone point me in the right direction to solving this problem? Thanks

screen2.jpg

Real Name
    Rusty B

Default Re: Internal Error 500

I was able to find some logs in the inetput\logs\FailedReqFiles\W3SVC1 that seems to reference the 500 error so perhaps the tablet is contacting the server after all. When looking through the logs, I found this error

</head>
    <body>
    <div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>
    <div id="content">
    <div class="content-container"><fieldset>
    <h2>500 - Internal server error.</h2>
    <h3>There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.</h3>
    </fieldset></div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Real Name
    Rusty B

I turned on Detailed errors on my server and now I get this. Not sure if I should report as a bug. I am in the pre-release version

<html>
    <head>
    %09<title>Internal Error 500</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <h1>Internal Error 500</h1>
    <h2>Error setting variable name: _state.arrCurrentQACriteria[].VariableID (VariableID)</h2>

</body>
    </html>

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Lee Vasic

Please do: From the pre-release notes: "If you encounter any type of bug while using this pre-release build, please send information about the bug (including full instructions on how to duplicate the issue, and a test case that we can run on our own machines) to a5v12bugs@alphasoftware.com."

Real Name
    Rusty B

Thanks Lee. I wasn't certain that it was a bug, that is why I posted here first. I thought maybe there was something I was over looking or a simple setting that needed to be updated on the server.

Real Name
    Rusty B

Please disregard this thread. The error appears to be related to a state variable I am setting somewhere in my code. Not an Alpha bug.