Alpha Video Training

Thread: Anyone incorporated sparkpost into their saleable application?

Real Name
    Gene FitzPatrick

Default Anyone incorporated sparkpost into their saleable application?

What I have seen of sparkpost thus far has given me the impression that they are not a fit for my need. I am looking for anyone that can prove me wrong!

I have an application that does, in part, mass emailings. The source locations can be anywhere my software is installed. With all the difficulties that are had in setting up email, I am looking for a way to do an install and use one gateway through which whoever, wherever, can send emails from my application. It looks like sparkpost may be able to fit the bill BUT the from address has to be mine. Would you like to get three emails from three different people, all with the same from address? That hardly seems kosher. Sparkpost answer, I believe, would be to set up a seperate subdomain and associated email for every user.

Please tell me I am not traveling up a dead end here.

Thanks

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Default Re: Anyone incorporated sparkpost into their saleable application?

Sounds like sparkpost gave you the answer. Open a domain with minor hosting somewhere, then create an email for each that you need. Some host offer email only hosting, but not sure that is what you want.

htts://myemails.com
    then create users in the cpanel. Takes about 30 seconds for each email
    their email would be like: username@myemails.com

The possible downside is spamming issues. Most hosting companies do not want their IP addresses blacklisted due to spam. Even though you have use of the IP, it is really theirs and if blacklisted causes problems for them.

My hosting company does not care so much about how many emails are sent or come in, but gets real excited about bounced emails.

I use a commercial tool inderted into joomla these days. Joomla+ Acy Mailing as a plug(free to 100+). ACY handles the bounces and unsubscribes so hosting stays happy.
    Issue is to send the emails and names to a xls file and then import to mailer. Hard to explain here, but could explain with a call.
    Last edited by DaveM; 11-09-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldausa.com
    Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Gene FitzPatrick

Default Re: Anyone incorporated sparkpost into their saleable application?

Thanks Dave.

I called several "email services" providers and was referred to Sendgrid. I have yet to talk with them but from what I read, all they do is emailing. They do not require a website and what is interesting is that when you send them an email to pass along, the criteria is included in the from line. At the end of the from line is the source email. The front half is stripped off so when the recipient gets their email it looks like it came directly from the sender. That, to me, seems like a better approach than what sparkpost does. I have not delved into it just yet. I'll post my results when I get going and have a better understanding.

Have a great weekend!

Gene