Alpha Video Training

Thread: Pinch to zoom not working?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default Pinch to zoom not working?

Hi
    I have a ux with 2 panels, the first panel shows a list, and the second a child list and some fields for detail view. This is run as web mobile app.
    I clicked "Pinch to zoom" in both panels, but it doesn't have any effect, it doesn't work.
    In the second panel i have a textarea control. If i click on it to go to edit mode then the zoom works. Also i had to set "force zoom" in the accessibility settings in my mobile's chrome.
    What could be the issue? I would like to have them zoom in/out, in both panels

Thanks
    Jaime

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Pinch to zoom not working?

It could be a javascript error interfering, it could be a plethora of things, check dev tools if possible for any errors and check your tags for user-scalable - last but not least you could add in a 3rd party script like hammer ( http://hammerjs.github.io/)

Since it happens at a certain juncture I would think there's something going on in the list preventing it at one point, my first go to thing to check is pre-rendering I dunno why but I always check to see if that is interfering with page load or list renders
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Jaime Ben David

Default Re: Pinch to zoom not working?

Thanks for the insightful reply Charles. Went through most of your propositions but found the issue while checking: since the ux is a standalone mobile web app, it's wrapped in the login ux ( named mobilesecuritylogin template or something like this). My app UX is embedded in a panel in there, and this "parent" panel didn't have zoom to pinch clicked.
    Now it's too sensitive, will add them buttons to set back to original size quickly :-)