New call-to-action
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Security Issue with Android, but works on IOS and Web Browsers

  1. #1
    Member
    Real Name
    Sean OKelly
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    294

    Default Security Issue with Android, but works on IOS and Web Browsers

    I have an an app which is in testing, which we use PhoneGap to build the IOS and Android versions. I can only go back to version 6012, but have tested 6012, 6315 and 6348. They all have the same problem. The app has a UX login component (custom) which connects to a bound UX which then populates the user security data for editing by the user. You can test this yourself using the prebuilt ux components that Alpha gives you. This typical setup has worked fine until I did upgrades to Alpha at the end of last year (so, no problem with 5447 that I recall). The app works fine for IOS and Web (user data is loaded and can be edited as normal) but on Android no user data is loaded (and therefore can't be edited). Android does recognize the user and allows for login (and also denies if incorrect), so the base security system is recognized to some level. It just doesn't pass the user into the bound UX. No errors are returned at all.

    I tried all the various PhoneGap settings (and different versions) I could think of to no avail. Since it works on IOS and the Web, I'm assuming that it's specific to Android and PhoneGap. I have a way of getting around this by not using a bound UX and using a list and then passing in the user. However, this isn't the way I want it to work, and it shouldn't have to be done that way, and it will create more work - so I don't want to do it.

    I've tried the various methods of grabing the username and they just don't get passed on to the bound ux. They do pass on the username to, say, a field on the form. It's very odd to me.

    Anyone seen this issue? I searched but couldn't find anything similar. We have several apps designed this way, all working, but they haven't been updated recently.

  2. #2
    Member
    Real Name
    Sean OKelly
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Security Issue with Android, but works on IOS and Web Browsers

    I'm not hearing back on this yet. I have created a test case, very simple, that I'm going to send to Selwyn and see what he finds out. Either it's something simple I'm missing in the updates, or it's a serious problem - not sure which. If anyone has ideas in the meantime please reply.

  3. #3
    Member
    Real Name
    Sean OKelly
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Security Issue with Android, but works on IOS and Web Browsers

    Ok, so for those who want to know. I submitted a trouble ticket and Terry indicated that the latest version "6402" had a fix for this issue....and he was right. It now works. If you have Android apps out there and users have upgraded to the newest version of Chrome then they may experience the same problem. Had I looked at the very latest release notes I would have seen this issue reported on there.

  4. #4
    Member
    Real Name
    NURUL FATIHAH BINTI ISMAIL
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Security Issue with Android, but works on IOS and Web Browsers

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDesignShop View Post
    Ok, so for those who want to know. I submitted a trouble ticket and Terry indicated that the latest version "6402" had a fix for this issue....and he was right. It now works. If you have Android apps out there and users have upgraded to the newest version of Chrome then they may experience the same problem. Had I looked at the very latest release notes I would have seen this issue reported on there.

    Hi WebDesignShop,

    Can I know the steps taken for you to fix this issues please? I try to recompile the app using the latest alpha release but still have this issues. Do I need to republish the project to IIS?or is there any IIS setting that I miss?Or just recompile the app is enough?

    When you said "users have upgraded to the newest version of Chrome" does that mean the server update or the user device(mobile phone) update? I still dont understand whats happening here. Hope to hear from you soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Document Handler not working on Android, works fine in IOS
    By carlbsmith in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2018, 09:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 10:05 AM
  3. Android mobile app works, iOS version fails - PhoneGap - Photo
    By CarlMPearson in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:27 PM
  4. Security issue, works fine in working preview, but not in localhost
    By jmsilva in forum Application Server Version 11 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 04:03 PM
  5. Android/ iPad browsers
    By chipsm in forum Application Server Version 11 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •