Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

WEB2CAL stuck on Loading.... Please Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEB2CAL stuck on Loading.... Please Wait

Hi have check with Web2cal my license are good.
    The calendar loads partially see attached image.
    I cleared the published history, re published all files to make sure, and it stills hangs.
    I have the Alpha version : 12.4.6.1.6 build 6348 System Addins: build 5409
    MSQL SERVER.
    In preview mode locally everything works just fine.
    only on my server it does this.

I read all the other threads about this nothing they say helped.
    Anyone had this problem..
    Really dont know what to do next.
    Thanks

web2cal.PNGweb2cal.PNG

Re: WEB2CAL stuck on Loading.... Please Wait

the first thing I would do is check the data in the tables - that is of course if your NOT using the same database testing in both locations.
    When you say "preview" mode, is that live or working? You might want to elaborate more...

There could be several issues at play, the more you offer the better help you'll get. Personally, I could never get web2cal to work. I went with coltz calendar, no regertz
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I created a test calendar with just the basics, put one calendar in the calendar table, and one in the event calendar using the calendar in live preview.
      I am using the same database for both locations, it works in Live Preview and localhost on chrome.
      I have let alpha create the tables form me. i publish all files then copy over to my server it and it just hang there loading.
      I know the license works because if I change 1 character in the license it brings the web2cal website instead of the calendar.
      I am trying to think what is different from Live Preview locally and when its on the server! I have the correct version of the server that match the local version I have.

using the same live Database. My windows server is up to date with all of windows updates. I even change the date format on the server to match the calendar date format yyyy-mm-dd
      now I check in the alpha javascript for the calendar and notice the version is : var WEB2CAL_VERSION_INFO = "2.0-67";
      I know that Web2cal is now on version 3.0 maybe alpha should update the version that comes with it.
      thanks
      Last edited by samyot; 01-24-2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Well, you certainly have a lot of the usual suspects ruled out with that last post. Any errors showing in dev tools?
        NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

No errors what so ever. it should be a walk in the park.
          these are the tables in
          my MYSQL VERSION:

protocol_version 10
          version 5.1.73-community
          version_comment MySQL Community Server (GPL)
          version_compile_machine ia32
          version_compile_os Win32

CREATE TABLE `testcal2` (
          `GroupId` decimal(7,0) NOT NULL,
          `Name` char(20) NOT NULL,
          PRIMARY KEY (`GroupId`)
          ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET= utf8;

CREATE TABLE `testevent` (
          `EventId` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
          `GroupId` decimal(7,0) NOT NULL,
          `EventName` char(100) NOT NULL,
          `StartTime` datetime NOT NULL,
          `EndTime` datetime NOT NULL,
          `AllDay` decimal(1,0) NOT NULL,
          `EventDesc` longtext NOT NULL,
          `Notes` longtext NOT NULL,
          PRIMARY KEY (`EventId`)
          ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=3 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

The only thing is I remember reading something about UTF8 but all my other tables in my application are using UTF8 without problems.

I am really at a lost.

Comment

I think the next step is to send a sample UX as a bug report, explaining your situation. I can tell you from past responses that usually if it works in live preview - it should work on the server, however, I noticed a similar issue with a previous version of AS (3044 - 4041) reported in the forums back in 2012 so perhaps it is on their end.

I just looked back at the chain of emails regarding my issue - it's pretty much the same as yours. in the chain of emails I referenced my trace error log in AS server and there was a path issue being reported at the time but again it was never resolved and in the end I went with Coltz calendar
            The issue which selwyn agreed was that the js files were loading correctly but reported as a 404 error in the trace error log file. The specific problem which he noted was NOT normal, was that the url was duplicated and therefore not found for the js files, the following is an excerpt.

[Sun Dec 01 22:02:42 2013] [error] (Not Found: C:\Inetpub\Vhosts\Nwcopro2.Secureserver.Net/Nwcopro\Alpha5\C:\Inetpub\Vhosts\Nwcopro2.Secureserver.Net\Nwcopro\Alpha5\javascript\jq_cal\locale\locale_fr.js) The requested URL /C:/Inetpub/Vhosts/Nwcopro2.Secureserver.Net/Nwcopro/Alpha5/javascript/jq_cal/locale/locale_fr.js was not found on this server.
            It was looking in the wrong place for the requested URL
            You may want to enable the trace log and see if anything is in there of a similar nature, if it is the same thing - well it was never resolved for me...

Comment

Thanks hope Selwyn will have the time to look at it.

I really want to use this calendar it fits my needs.

Thank you for you help

Sylvain.

Comment

He's away till the end of the month.
                Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

I got the calendar to work now, web2cal made me a license based on the IP address of my server then it worked. the license based on the URL was causing problems. I will just put a forward on the URL to connect via the IP address not perfect but works.

Thanks again Charles

and looks like I wont have to bother Selwyn.

Sylvain.

Comment

Just so you know, I followed your example and requested a new license based on my domain and it actually works now! I really have no plans on using it, but I might and thanks to you!
                    I don't know what the original issue was but I did pay for the license and am glad it finally works as expected...now that said I still got to plug Jim Calendar. It was worth every penny and I would still highly recommend it!

Comment

I am glad that some good came out of this problem, If I had not purchased the license I most likely
                      would of gone with Jim's Calendar, because now I realize that with Web2Cal there is no option to add
                      recurring events, but the new version of web2cal can, I wish that Alpha would keep up with the new
                      version that Web2cal offers. Now I have to figure out a way to add the recurring event to my calendar.
                      and also I need to figure out how to intercept an event and span the event on multiple calendar if the number
                      of attendee is greater then 6..

I created a calendar for a bowling alley, each calendar is an alley so 1 to 29. If i reserve on bowling alley 10 from 7 to 10 am and the number of players (which is an added field in my event ux)
                      is greater then 6 then I need to divide the attendee by 6 and automatically create an event on alley 11, 12 ... and so forth for the next 6. so if I input 18 persons in my event on alley 10 then
                      i have to create the same event on (calendar) alley 11 and 12 automatically. In my logic I would have to verify if there is an event on those alley first so i can make sure that all 3 alley are side by side.

if you think It would easier with Jim's Calendar then I might be inclined to purchase it and give it a try so I dont spend to much time figuring how I am going to do this.

What your take on this.

thanks.

Comment

Well like I said, it was easy to setup and Jim offers incredible support - I tweaked the heck out of mine and I like it better. I was able to add my own custom colors (that part wasn't simple) and I actually have 2 iterations of it to show different types of groups.
                        Iuse mine in a saas application so users log in and edit their own events in the same calendar with different colors based on the user and status, the groups have been split up to show different types of events. Considering what your trying to do - you're going to really have to think about the setup of the calendar but me personally I wold go with Jim's but mostly because I know how to manipulate it and web2cal would require having to learn how to tweak it so again I would go the path of least resistance for me.
                        I also tried the DXHTML calendar Jim built but it was too difficult for me to get a grip on for what I wanted. More than likely there are ways to get where you want to go with all 3 - it took me awhile regardless but like I said now I know how to work with it.
                        You could use groups to show all lanes on one screen if you have the real estate - i have 9 different groups in one of my calendars. You would probably just set a filter to show each lane.
                        I would build a ux with left menu and a button for each lane to draw the same calendar and in that way filter by lane using just one calendar. I would also set a calendar color for each employee to show who actually booked it/sold it so you could maybe later on look at sales by employee as well. Don't forget it's just a table and you can use that table to build reports or a dashboard later on as well

Comment

Working...
                        X