New call-to-action

Thread: Alpha Launch Question

Real Name
    Roman Rapido

Default Alpha Launch Question

May I ask where to get the Server URL in publishing the Alpha Anywhere Application using Alpha Launch?
    There is a parameter called server URL, dont know what to put on that, is it a server on Zebrahost ? or a fixed url? i tried the one on the Alpha Launch Tutorial but it's not working ,
    Hope there is a shortcut like directly creating an apk file for Android example.

Thanks!ALphaLaunch.png

Real Name
    Roman Rapido

Default Re: Alpha Launch Question

I tried the localhost and it always has download errors. It will download 80% out of 878. The sample App I created is the the Amazon UX Template Just 1 component for me to test. Having difficulty setting the s3 connection string, could not find Get bucket location permission
    Last edited by doorscomputers; 02-04-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Alpha Software Employee Sarah Mitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by doorscomputers View Post
    May I ask where to get the Server URL in publishing the Alpha Anywhere Application using Alpha Launch?
    There is a parameter called server URL, dont know what to put on that, is it a server on Zebrahost ? or a fixed url? i tried the one on the Alpha Launch Tutorial but it's not working ,
    Hope there is a shortcut like directly creating an apk file for Android example.

Thanks!ALphaLaunch.png
    Hello Roman,

The Server URL is the URL where the Alpha Launch app has been published. If you published to your local machine, the URL is your machine's IP address + the port that the Application Server is running on. You can find the IP address on Windows 10 by doing the following:

1. On the taskbar, click on the Wifi icon
    2. Locate the network you are connected to and click "Properties"
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the page; you will find a "Properties" section. Your IP address is the value listed for "IPv4 address".

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-ip-address for more info.

The port number you need to use is defined in the Application Server settings on the General tab. The Development Server Settings can be accessed from the Web Projects Control Panel menu: Web > Development Server.

Note that both your device and Development Server must be on the same wifi network to use the dev server as the host. If you publish to a remote server or Alpha Cloud, your device does not need to be on the same network.

If you have any additional problems, please send them to guides@alphasoftware.com. Thanks.
    Sarah Mitchell
    Documentation | Alpha Software Corporation
    Get in the know! Join us for our Weekly Webinars: TransForm Tuesday and Wednesday's Alpha Anywhere Demo and Q&A
    Connect with us: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube

Real Name
    Roman Rapido

Thanks Sarah! Hope you can also provide more information on the s3 credentials for Alpha Launch.

Alpha Software Employee Sarah Mitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by doorscomputers View Post
    Thanks Sarah! Hope you can also provide more information on the s3 credentials for Alpha Launch.
    Storage Connections are discussed here: https://documentation.alphasoftware....tion%20strings

You can find information on configuring permissions for the Amazon S3 bucket in the article.
    Sarah Mitchell
    Documentation | Alpha Software Corporation
    Get in the know! Join us for our Weekly Webinars: TransForm Tuesday and Wednesday's Alpha Anywhere Demo and Q&A
    Connect with us: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube