Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

end while error - xbasic array Multiple SMS twilio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end while error - xbasic array Multiple SMS twilio

I have the following xbasic that is giving me an annoying error after a successful send! In other words it works as expected and sends multiple SMS messages but for some reason it still throws the error. I also noticed that for some reason remspecial doesn't seem to work but again this does work as expected and sends all sms messages as expected.

xbasic

Code:
    FUNCTION SendTw AS C (e as p)

debug(1)
    '==CONNECTION AND VARS
    dim cn as SQL::Connection
    dim vHasError as c
    dim cf_1 as extension::CurlFile
    dim flag_1 as l
    dim ce as extension::Curl    
    dim vSendNumber as c
    dim args as sql::arguments
    dim vUser as c
    dim SendTw as c

vHasError = "N"

cn.open("::Name::Connection1")

vTwilioURLPre= "https://api.twilio.com/2010-04-01/Accounts/"
    vSID = "******"
    vTwilioURL=vTwilioURLPre+vSID+"/Messages.json"
    vToken = "*******"
    vPassword=vSID+":"+vToken
    vFromNumber="+******"
    vFrom="&From="+vFromNumber

vSubject = "Job Assigments" 'irrelevant really to the SMS

args.Add("thedate",convert_type(e._CurrentRowDataNew.Date,"D"))
    args.Add("coid",e._CurrentRowDataNew.company_id)

vSelect = "SELECT Employee_phone, Sending_Data FROM alphanwcopro.send_tasks WHERE Date = :thedate AND company_id = :coid"

cn.execute(vSelect,args)

ce = extension::Curl.Init()
    ce.setOpt("URL",vTwilioURL)
    ce.setOpt("NOPROGRESS",1)
    ce.setOpt("USERPWD",vPassword)
    ce.setOpt("USERAGENT","curl/7.34.0")
    ce.setOpt("MAXREDIRS",50)
    ce.setOpt("CAINFO","C:\\Program Files (x86)\\a5V12\\CARoot\\ca-cert.pem")
    ce.setOpt("CAPATH","C:\\Program Files (x86)\\a5V12\\CARoot")
    ce.setOpt("CUSTOMREQUEST","POST")
    ce.setOpt("TCP_KEEPALIVE",1)

while eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone"))

vSendNumber= cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone")
    vMessage = cn.ResultSet.data("Sending_Data")
    vTo="&To=+1"+remspecial(vSendNumber)
    vBody = "Body="+urlencode(vMessage)    
    vPostFields=vBody+vFrom+vTo

ce.setOpt("POSTFIELDS",vPostFields)
    ce.SetOpt("FILE",cf_1)
    flag_1 = ce.Exec()

flag_1 = cn.ResultSet.NextRow()

end while
    ce.close()
    cn.Close()

end function

error is attached - any thoughts would be helpful!

end-while-error.JPG
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Re: end while error - xbasic array Multiple SMS twilio

I could be wrong but shouldn't the while statement be while eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone")) .and. flag1 ?
    Gregg
    https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Testing that and
      while eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone".and. flag_1))
      your suggestion did not work and throws an error that the arg is an incorrect type
      my attempt to put the .and. inside resulted in one of the 3 expected sends to go through.
      On the bright side, the end while error was not produced, lol
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

lol...my goal was to get rid of the end while error.
        Now that that's done, need to figure out what's wrong with the rest of the code.
        It's obviously not all bad since something got through. I'm guessing your code
        needs to test for at least 1 more option.
        Gregg

Comment

Now that I'm thinking about this, what is the difference between the text that got through, and the one(s) that didn't get through.
          Gregg

Comment

nothing really, they all go through unless I add the ".and. flag_1 at the and then ONLY 1 goes.
            I have lots of test data, regardless only 1 goes through.

Now, running the original code they all go through and it works as expected except for the xbasic error stating we have a null value now

Comment

I'm guessing the one that gets through is the first one.
              Gregg

Comment

yes, I wish there was a way to suppress the error for now - the code works except it seems to find the null array value and proudly announce it instead of ending the while statement...and closing the curl command

Comment

I guess NULL is valid?

Comment

what field or fields have the null value ?
                    Is this something that can be filtered out in the sql query ?
                    Gregg

Comment

So you want to loop through the entire ResultSet and only send data to Twilio if the row has a valid Employee_phone number?

I think your statement

eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone"))

needs to be an if block within the loop.

I found this in the docs...
                      Code:
                      rs = conn.ResultSet

while rs.NextRow()

<do something for each row found>

end while
                      do yours would look like

Code:
                      while cn.NextRow()
                      if eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone")) then
                      <send to Twillio>
                      end if
                      end while
                      I'm thinking you're now reading through the ResultSet until you read an invalid Employee_phone and stopping the loop.

If all Employee_phone values are valid, the while tries to read one row beyond the end of the ResultSet and errors since there is not another row.

Or am I suffering from a lack of coffee?
                      Al Buchholz
                      Bookwood Systems, LTD
                      Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
                      Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
                      Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
                      When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
                      "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
                      Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Gregg, there are no NULL values in the data - Al is more on point in that the statement is continuing beyond into an invalid result - I will let you guys know what I can do with Al's suggestion

Comment

This is telling me that something about Employee_phone isn't valid.
                          I would think changing your vSelect line to vSelect = "SELECT Employee_phone, Sending_Data FROM alphanwcopro.send_tasks WHERE Date = :thedate AND company_id = :coid and Employee_phone is not null and trim(Employee_phone) <> '' " would eliminate the need for the if/then block, unless something else is causing flag1 to be false.
                          Gregg

Comment

Success! I changed the lower half to read as follows:

Code:
                            While cn.ResultSet.Nextrow()
                            if eval_valid(cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone")) then

vSendNumber= cn.ResultSet.data("Employee_phone")
                            vMessage = cn.ResultSet.data("Sending_Data")
                            vTo="&To=+1"+remspecial(vSendNumber)
                            vBody = "Body="+urlencode(vMessage)	
                            vPostFields=vBody+vFrom+vTo

ce.setOpt("POSTFIELDS",vPostFields)
                            ce.SetOpt("FILE",cf_1)
                            flag_1 = ce.Exec()

flag_1 = cn.ResultSet.NextRow()

end if
                            end while
                            ce.close()
                            cn.Close()
                            No more errors! thanks a googolplex!

Comment

good job
                              Gregg

Comment

Working...
                              X