Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Passing Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing Data

I have created a questionaire and upon submit I redirect to an a5w THANKS page. On this page I have xbasic to send an email to myself letting me know that someone has submitted a questionaire. It is working fine but thought I would try to make the email a little more data specific.

On the questionaire page I have two fields NAME and EMLADDRESS. I want to pass this data to the THANKS page to be included in the MESSAGE portion of the email. Here is my target page

http://www.azenta.com/azwebqst/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=name&f2=emladdress

On my THANKS page I have the following code for the email message:
    pm.message = f1+" - "+f2+" has submitted feedback"

When I receive the email I get
    name - emladdress has submitted feedback

How do I get the email to recognize data in the respective field?

Thanks

RE: Passing Data

Philip,

In another thread, Lenny responds:

In your grid, you would build a link something like
    page2.a5w?fname={fname}&lname={lname}

So, I think you just have to add the curly brackets { }

Pat
    Pat Bremkamp
    MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Unfortunately that's not the answer, now the email displays:
      {name} - {emladdress} has submitted feedback

Thanks

Comment

The problem is that (I sassume) you have this as a single quoted string:
        "http://www.azenta.com/azwebqst/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=name&f2=emladdress"

As a result, the browser is redirected to eaxctly what you've quoted. To instead pass the values of those 2 variables, you would use:

Code:
        "http://www.azenta.com/azwebqst/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=" + name + "&f2=" + emladdress

Lenny Forziati
        Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
        Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Pat, that is the correct syntax to be used if you are creting a link control in a grid. But I don't think that is what Philip is doing. {fname} and {lname} have no meaning outside of the grid component itself.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Lenny, Still have a problem. I had abbreviated the url earlier to make it short. Here is what the actual target page is:
            http://24.172.140.23/azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w?"f1=" + name + "&f2=" + emladdress

Here is the error I now get when opening the thanks page:
            Script Error
            Error:Script: /azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w line:54
            Variable "f1" not found.

Comment

You have your quoting wrong. Why don't you show me the complete line of code that contains this URL and I will help you get it properly quoted.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Here is the code for the target page and the thanks page for the email.
                ------------------------------------------------------
                Target Page From Grid Parameters

http://24.172.140.23/azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w?"f1=" + name + "&f2=" + emladdress

------------------------------------------------------
                Email Code in the THANKS page
                "%a5
                DIM ps as P
                DIM pm as P

pm.from = "[email protected]"
                pm.from_alias = "AZ Feedback Page"
                pm.to = "[email protected]"
                pm.cc = ""
                pm.bcc = ""
                pm.subject = "Response From Feedback Page"
                ' send message

IF email_smtp_open(ps, "mail.ferrastone.com")
                email_smtp_send(pm, ps)
                END IF
                Email_smtp_close(ps)
                %"

Comment

I had misunderstood where you were drfining the URL, which is why I had asked you to post the com,plete line. I did not realize this was somwething you were specifying in the Target page property under Update Settings. Using variables like this is not possible in the grid builder.

But you can still do what you want. Open the A5W page that has your component in the HTML Editor and switch to Source mode. Then add the following code anywhere after "delete tmpl" and before "a5w_run_component(..."

if eval_valid("YourComponentName_Button_Submit")
                  tmpl.edit.TargetPage = "http://24.172.140.23/azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=" + V.R1.NAME + "&f2=" + V.R1.EMLADDRESS
                  end if

In the above, replace "YourComponentName" with the name of your component.

-Lenny

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Lenny, still coming up with the error of not finding variable.
                    500 Internal Server Error
                    Script Error
                    Error:Script: /nksoa/ussf/ussfregisterthanks.a5w line:35
                    pm.message = F1+"Someone has submitted registration for a USSF clinic"
                    Variable "F1" not found.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha Five Web Application Server/6.0 Build/1555 at ALPHASERVER Port 80

I have attached a file showing the REGISTRATION a5w page and the THANKS a5w page. I am at home right now and the path is different from what I have had in previous threads, but the code is the same. I have indicated in RED the lines of code that I have added per your advice and where the code is that V6 is finding the error.

Thanks

Comment

Your a5w page uses "tmpl_ussfregister" instead of "tmpl" that I used in my sample code. Replace the code I gave you previously with:

if eval_valid("ussfregister_Button_Submit")
                      ussfregister.edit.TargetPage = "http://24.172.140.23/nksoa/ussf/ussfregisterthanks.a5w?F1=" + V.R1.FIRSTNAME + "&F2=" + V.R1.EMAILADDRESS
                      end if

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Thanks a5w still not finding f1 or f2, here is the code that I placed on the questionaire page. I added some of the extra code so you can see where I placed the code you wanted me to add:

"%a5
                        Delete tmpl_azwebquestionai
                        DIM tmpl_azwebquestionai as P

tmpl_azwebquestionai = a5w_load_component("azwebquestionaire")

if eval_valid("azwebquestionaire_Button_Submit")
                        azwebquestionaire.edit.TargetPage = "http://24.172.140.23/azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=" + V.R1.NAME + "&f2=" + V.R1.EMLADDRESS
                        end if

'Following code.......

Comment

It needs to be

if eval_valid("azwebquestionaire_Button_Submit")
                          tmpl.azwebquestionaire.edit.TargetPage = "http://24.172.140.23/azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w?f1=" + V.R1.NAME + "&f2=" + V.R1.EMLADDRESS
                          end if

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Lenny, I copied and pasted your code to make sure there were no errors and I got the following:

500 Internal Server Error
                            Script Error
                            Error:Script: /azenta/azwebquestionaire/azwebqthanks.a5w line:54
                            Variable "f1" not found.

Is the problem with this line...?

Comment

OK, instead of all this back-and-forth, can you send me your pages, component and any tables they need?

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Working...
                              X