Alpha Video Training

Thread: How???

Real Name
    Ronald Fuchs

Default How???

I can't seem to get into the alpha five version 4 board. when I click it it takes me to a login screen and then tells me I am not valid. What is going on?? Where are all the previous posts where one can look for answers to questions that have already been asked.
    Ron
    Last edited by IBtheFox; 09-23-2005 at 06:09 AM.

Alpha Software Employee AaronBBrown's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aaron Brown

Currently there are two boards running. This one (the new one) and the old one. Only the Annoucements, Support, A5v7Beta, Other Products, and Code Archive are on this board. The old data is all still on the OLD messageboard, which is why everything looks completely different when you visit a link such as A5v6.

I am working on getting the data imported, but it will take a bit of time.

Real Name
    Charles Radke

Default Date Stamp;ing A Record

Hello.......... I am finding your new format verrrrrry confusing. I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes anyway.

I am using Alpha Five version 6, build 1600. I have a membership type database, with several date formated fields that serve several purposes. There is one date field that I wish to populate with the system date only when a action button on a form pushed. I cannot find any tips in the help section, or in the documention from previous versions that would give me an idea how to do this. I am sure that I must create some type of script/event to do this. Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks for your Help

ChuckR

Alpha Software Employee Lenny Forziati's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Chuck, please click on the Alpha Five version 6 message board and post your question there. This section is for issues with the message board itself.

Real Name
    Ronald Fuchs

Default How to find old board

Ok, old board new board makes sense. But how do I find the old board? When I go to the message board it only brings me to the new board and I can't seem to find a link to the old board.

Real Name
    Dave Jampole
    Haughton, LA ( just east of Shreveport, Louisiana)

Default How to find the old board

Scroll down to 'Forum Jump', click the downward pointing arrows and select the forum you want, then click Go.
    Dave Jampole
    www.customalpha.com

Women and cats will do whatever they want. The sooner men and dogs realize that, the happier they will be.

Real Name
    Ronald Fuchs

Default How to post a message on the new board?

Ok, so far so good. Now I find I can get into any section of the new board to read current messages and post replys and replys with no problem. However when I try to go to a section like alpha 5 version 4 that has not had a message posted already (so I could perhaps post a new message) will not let me in. When I double click on that section it brings up a log on screen and then when you fill it in it tells you, you are not authorised.

Real Name
    Ronald Fuchs

Default RE: How to find old board

When I go to forum jump and click the down arrows and the click on alpha 5 version 4 it brings me back to the new board and wants a log in that it won't recoginise. So I still can't find the old board.

Alpha Software Employee AaronBBrown's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aaron Brown

Quote Originally Posted by IBtheFox
    When I go to forum jump and click the down arrows and the click on alpha 5 version 4 it brings me back to the new board and wants a log in that it won't recoginise. So I still can't find the old board.
    Remember back to the old board where if you weren't logged in, you were brought to a login screen. Once you logged in, you were brought back to the *main* page, not the forum you intended to visit.

This is exactly the same. Click on the A5v4 page, log in with your old username and password, then click on the forum you want to visit again. I promise, it works.