Alpha Video Training

Thread: CUSTOM PAGE SIZE WITH WINDOWS DRIVER FOR DOT MATRX

Brandy Ziemann

Default CUSTOM PAGE SIZE WITH WINDOWS DRIVER FOR DOT MATRX

I have several dot matrix and laser printers connected to my computer via a Belkin switch. Each printer is set up in Windows on the LPT1 port with a letter designating what port on the switch (IE- LPT1A, LPT1B,etc.) so depending on what printer I choose, it sends it to the right port. In the past I have had to manually change the post to A,B, etc because of the DOS printer. Now that I can use a windows one, it will be automatic.

The problem is my Panasonic KX-P1624 windows printer driver does not allow for custom page sizes. I have a 8-1/2 x 8-1/2 NCR form and labels that are 1-7/16 tall that I have to print on. When I print one record, I want it to stop right before the next form/label.

I found a differnt panasonic driver that had a landscaped letter size to choose from, and this works for the NCR form, but I have nada for the label. I need a dot matrix driver with a custom page size. Changing the number of lines on the label template to 8 in Alpha does nothing - it still prints 11 inches down. This would be one solution. With the DOS printer driver, it asks what port to use and list LPT1, LPT2, etc. Is there a way to force the alpha program to look at windows to find my LPT1A? This would work for me, too.

Any help would be great! Thanks!!!!

Brandy Ziemann

Default RE: CUSTOM PAGE SIZE WITH WINDOWS DRIVER FOR DOT M

Nevermind - Figured out with Windows XP you can set up your own custom forms with custom page sizes.

Brandy Ziemann

Default RE: CUSTOM PAGE SIZE WITH WINDOWS DRIVER FOR DOT M

Nevermind - Figured out with Windows XP you can set up your own custom forms with custom page sizes.