Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Printing probs, A4v7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing probs, A4v7

I installed A4v7 successfully, and used the Windows printing function with great success. I have two printers and the Windows printing worked well with both. Suddenly, the "Print" instruction would not take for either printer. There would be only silence, an no activity. I had help from tech support, and when through all the steps outlined, but without success. I rebooted, but I still could not get the program to print. The icon for winagent.exe was in place. A computer expert (my son-in-law who is in the business) gave it his best shot, but he could not unearth the problem or get the "print" instruction to take. I used A4v7 several months before this problem arose. I downloaded the 7.01 fix, but that did not solve the problem.
    Any ideas??? Thanks

RE: Printing probs, A4v7

This may be what you need to install to. I have both installed.

Ken

Comment

You used the word "This" is what you need, but you did not define what "this" is. I would be interested in reading a description. Many thanks.

Comment

Just wondering if you ever got any help with your printing problem. From looking at the messages posted it seems that no one wants to anwer any of the windows print problem.

Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy, none of the suggestions made have helped. I have no idea how widespread the problems are printing v7 in Win. For the time being I have abandoned using v7 and am relying on v3 in DOS. It would probably be very useful if Alpha Software took a good look. Thanks, Gerhard

Comment

I am using Windows 2000 server with a network of 5 computers and Alpha4v7. I have had mixed results using the windows printer setup in Alpha4. I had it working great for a while, then I started having the same problem. I fixed it by going into Network Neighborhood and connecting to the computer with the printer physically attached to it then: find the printer name, right click it and select Connect. Somehow the printer was getting disconnected at the Windows level. I had more problems such as the font size changing and having a very limited selection of fonts using Alpha's Windows Printer Configuration. I ended up changing all printer configurations to DOS ones. I they work great and I have printers physically attached to all 5 computers with each computer using 3 different printers on different machines. For instance, Machine1 uses LPT1 for the printer attached to Machine1, and LPT2 & LPT3 for a printers attached to other machines. Email me if you want any details on setting printers up this way.

Comment

Arlene - many thanks for your information. I have Win98, but I'll try your approach. My printing is one printer at a time. Best regards, Gerhard Schulz

Comment

Sorry bout the DUMB post but I had forgotten about making it. Did not realize the files did not attach but here they are. I don't think they are on the main web page anymore. I got A5V4.5 Run 266 about that time so I have not read the A4 Board much lately.

Install the two ATTACHED Files and everything should run fine. Mine would NOT print but when I installed these it took off in a flash.

You ought to give A5 a try. There is a FREE Trial on the Home page 14 MB. Same as the full version of A54.5. Gives you the fell of it and can be ran indefinately I guess. Just a CUT DOWN Version. Has COMPLETE Manuals with X-basic. Don't let that scare you though. That was what scared me off till I went throught the training Manual and there is a Lesson in the X-Basic manual too. Print them off and go throught it and see if you don't change you mind, I did. There is not all the bottle feeding like A4 is. Select from a list of things and it does it ALL for you. Then it converts it to X-Basic with a click. You write NOTHING. Just mouse clicks. I have writen a little but you really don't have to. Take a look at the message I posted yesterday about Date search with I was unable to get myself. There is a complete working modle there that can be downloaded.

With A5 ALL the printing probems GOES AWAY. That is why I got V7 but should have gotten A5 instead, for the same price.

Best Wishes.

Ken

There is LOTS of HELP on the A5 message board. Just take a look at my post about

Comment

Sorry bout the DUMB post but I had forgotten about making it. Did not realize the files did not attach but here they are. I don't think they are on the main web page anymore. I got A5V4.5 Run 266 about that time so I have not read the A4 Board much lately.

Install the two ATTACHED Files and everything should run fine. Mine would NOT print but when I installed these it took off in a flash.

You ought to give A5 a try. There is a FREE Trial on the Home page 14 MB. Same as the full version of A54.5. Gives you the fell of it and can be ran indefinately I guess. Just a CUT DOWN Version. Has COMPLETE Manuals with X-basic. Don't let that scare you though. That was what scared me off till I went throught the training Manual and there is a Lesson in the X-Basic manual too. Print them off and go throught it and see if you don't change you mind, I did. There is not all the bottle feeding like A4 is. Select from a list of things and it does it ALL for you. Then it converts it to X-Basic with a click. You write NOTHING. Just mouse clicks. I have writen a little but you really don't have to. Take a look at the message I posted yesterday about Date search with I was unable to get myself. There is a complete working modle there that can be downloaded.

With A5 ALL the printing probems GOES AWAY. That is why I got V7 but should have gotten A5 instead, for the same price.

Best Wishes.

Ken

There is LOTS of HELP on the A5 message board. Just take a look at my post about Date Search Variable which I could not get the hang of.

Comment

Best Wishes.

Ken

There is LOTS of HELP on the A5 message board. Just take a look at my post about Date Search Variable which I could not get the hang of.

Comment

Go the address below and you can download both files that are needed to make things work. Sorry about the tripple post. It is so slow I did not realize I had posted it 3 times. Anyway this is what I meant to send but is TOO Big. Good luck Guys. But, check out the free trial of A5. You won't be sorry. I did NOT ever think I would change but I have.

http://www.alphasoftware.com/products/a4v7/downloads.asp

Comment

Working...
                      X