Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Printing ONLY ONE page of reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing ONLY ONE page of reports

I have read and done everything that has been discussed about only printing ONE page of a report. I have a 3 page report and it prints ONLY 3 items on the First and 11 on the next two pages and following pages. I have Page breaks set to YES, also have downloaded the patch and installed it with NO problems. Still I get ONLY the First page of a report unless it tries to make a 25 page report out of a 3 page report. Everything else seems to be fine. But, this is getting under my skin.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ken

RE: Printing ONLY ONE page of reports

I created a New report and it prints ONLY 16 entries but when I edit the report it STILL prints ONLY ONE page of the report.

Ken

Comment

Every time I set STANDARD PAGE Length to YES I get the ODD number of records printed. WHY should this effect the number of records printed on a page?????? I am at a LOSS, or is this a BUG in Ver. 7.1 It never effected anything before. I have a HP 722C Printer and have it configered to use that printer.

Ken

Comment

Ken

Just to reassure you I am still in the same situation as you despite the patch and following the settings instructions re page breaks etc. Having spent $800 (5 user) on the upgrade I am really disappointed that Alpha are not taking this seriously.

I also still cannot print to network printers by the way.

Rob Cawley

Comment

Ken,

1) did you specify a fixed width font when you configured the Windows printer?

2) Could you post a copy of the database files here (in zipped form) so that others could try to print the report on their own systems? This might develop leads or clues which could be used to get to a solution.

-- tom

Comment

Tom Cone Jr wrote:
            -------------------------------
            Ken,

1) did you specify a fixed width font when you configured the Windows printer?

HOW do you do that? If it is the FONT on the first Line. Yes, I did. That is all I see.

2) Could you post a copy of the database files here (in zipped form) so that others could try to print the report on their own systems? This might develop leads or clues which could be used to get to a solution.

Have been trying to figure out how. HOW do you Tag a zip file to attach. I am left in the dark. I read the instructions but it does NOT tell me how to Tag a file to attach. How do I know what file I will attach or if there will be a file attached when I check the Attach file.

At this time I cannot get anything to print. I deleted the printer and reconfigured it. Now it seems to be DEAD. It did print when I rebooted but now it don't.

Ken

Comment

Ken, your attachment came through just fine.

It took a few minutes but I got your Layout A report running (Mileage Travel & Cost Full Report). Here's what I did:

1) I configured a standard Windows printer (in my case a Lexmark Z53 color inkjet). In the process of doing this I specified Courier New as the font (both standard and compressed). I specified 10 cpi for standard and 18 cpi for compressed. I used this printer when I printed your report.

2) I changed your report layout as follows:

a) In the Report Parameters I set the top and the bottom margins to 5 lines. Plus, I specified Standard page lengths.

b) In the layout itself I removed three non-printing symbols (whose origin I don't know!) which were present along the left margin of your layout. Each resembled a very small box, with an angled roof. Since I didn't recognize them, I removed them. Once they were removed the report ran just fine. Before they were removed I got bizarre results. One sheet printed, but it was mixture of page 22 and pag 23.

Hope this gives you some clues.

The attachment to this message contains the revisions I've just described. Be careful when you extract (unzip) the attachment. Do not mix these files with your development work. Unzip it to a separate folder.

-- tom

Comment

Ken, if you're not familiar with the non-printing symbols I refer to, compare the revised layout for report A your layout for report B. Run your eye down the layout along the left margin. You'll see the little symbols I'm referring to... they're still in Layout B, but I've removed them from Layout A.

-- tom

Comment

Further information.

This morning I got my Alpha Four Version 6 book out and re-discovered the origin of the symbols I deleted last night.

They're the non-suppressible blank line symbols created with Ctrl-back space.

I went back to Ken's layout A and added them back, and the report prints correctly. Seems my earlier conclusion that these nonprinting symbols were contributing to the problem may have been wrong.

-- tom

Comment

Finally Got it GOING again.

After I had deleted the printer and re-configured it is when it went dead. So I decided to reinstall V7, still no printing. Then I ran the Patch, and it took off and printed half a dozen TWO page reports I had told it to print earlier. It seems to go DEAD at times then when I reboot it prints everything I had told it to print. I don't understand why that is.

Ken

Hope you other guys get yours going too. I have TOO much work in this to start all over. I have tried others but NO success.

Comment

Thanks to Tom, following his suggestions I finally got my multi page reports to print in full. Printed lines per page could be better but I am just happy to have the thing work.

Now to sort out the network printing!

Rob Cawley

Comment

I had the same problem until I used the dos printer driver and that seened to resolve it.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X