Alpha Video Training

Thread: No Dos Typeset after windows printer setup

Kevin Green

Default No Dos Typeset after windows printer setup

I just installed Version 7, and was quite impressed that I didn't need to change anything for my old scripts, forms, reports, etc. to work. Printing reports in Typeset Mode worked fine.

However, I setup another printer, using the Windows Driver. The printer that uses the Windows driver works fine. But when I go to use the old Dos Printer in Typeset mode, it doesn't work. I don't get any errors. It acts like it printed, but it doesn't send anything to the printer. I don't know if it makes any difference, but the printer is a Netware printer.

If I remove the Windows Driver based Printer, it will start working again.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Kevin Green
    Apogee Software Ltd.

Linda Fasoli

Default RE: No Dos Typeset after windows printer setup

I have no advice for you, but have encountered the same problem. Technical support has not been helpful. They insist that this version did not change anything in typeset mode. Here's another related problem I'm having. My network printer is mapped to LPT3 on all workstations. In the typeset settings the LPT is set to LPT3, but keeps changing back to LPT1. I cannot figure out how or why this is happening. Most of the reports I run are quickprint reports.

I've reset all the printer configurations in all my workstations three times - only to find the next day they don't work again. I have removed all the windows driver printers from all the workstations. Today, not even the DOS drivers work. They are also mapped to LPT3.

Pleas let me know if anyone comes up with any solutions to these problems. Linda