Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Dose any one else use this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dose any one else use this board?

The subject line says it all

If we do not use it we will lose it

Please contact me if you see this

Surely we have something to discuss in the UK.

Regards

John Keogh
    Failure makes improvements

RE: Dose any one else use this board?

Hi,

Saw your message so guess that proves the point. Not sure there is likely to be much of any real technical value on this Board unless it's UK related but that's no reason to dump it. I wonder just how many UK users there are out there?

Steve Mason

Comment

Hi Steve

Are you UK based

John

Comment

Don't worry, you guys won't loose it if you don't use it. Since this board was set up as more of a casual meeting place than a place for technical questions, we suspected the traffic on it may not be that high. It's not really any extra work for us to keep it so we won't take it away.

-Lenny

Lenny Forziati
        Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
        Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Thats good to know

John

Comment

Thanks Lenny!! Thats good to know.

Do you know how many Alpha users there are in the UK?

Keith Hubert
            London
            Regards
            Keith Hubert
            Alpha Guild Member
            London.
            KHDB Management Systems
            Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

I don't know, I don't have access to our customer list. Perhaps Richard can give you a rough idea of the number. He's on vacation until 8/19 but I'll try to remember to ask him when he returns.

-Lenny

Lenny Forziati
              Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
              Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Hi John,

How about renaming to European users ;)

I'm a Swedish user and it looks like I'm the only one in Sweden using A5, so where do I go ?

Cheers
                Jens

Comment

Hello Jens

That thought occurred to me, however, I do not own Alpha 5
                  so it�s not really up to me.

Do you know if Alpha is widely used in Europe? I've spotted a few European users on the main message board?

What version are you using and how long have you been an A5 enthusiast or are you a professional user perhaps?

Regards

John (Scotland)

Comment

Yes, I am based in South London

Steve Mason

Comment

Hi John,

I think in Europe, UK is the country where you'd find most Alpha users. I've ran into a few users from Germany and Spain but it seems to be quite rare in those areas.

I ran into som bugs in Alpha that are country related and I think there's still some issues to solve with the A5 until it's completely compatible with different local environments.

I've been using Alpha since ver 4.5 and I think the software has a great potential and is fun to work with. However, due to the above, it has been very limited how much I've been working with coverting my access databases
                      to A5. I've done it for one client and it has been terrible frustrating due to A5's incompatible settings for our Swedish Windows OP settings. The latest version 5 wich I've also upgraded to, still have some issues but hopefully it will be solved.

Anyway, I think those guys at Alpha are on to something and I'm quite sure, that one day, the software will be more widely spread as long as it's in Alphas intrest to do so.

Cheers
                      Jens

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

John (Scotland)

Comment

I suspect there are many lurkers here. If you post an interesting enough message, you may be inundated with comments ;-)

Comment

Fair point

But interesting questions tend to be tecki and this board is not that.

I am only interested in what the UK use is for my own reasons

By the way are you UK or not.
                            Regards

John

Comment

Based on sales in the UK, we have sold about 50000 copies of alpha four and alpha five in the uk

thanks
                              Richard Rabins
                              Co Chairman
                              Alpha Software

Comment

Working...
                              X