Alpha Video Training

Thread: HOW DO I GET MY FILES BACK

Charese Dorsey

Default HOW DO I GET MY FILES BACK

If anyone out there can help me, I was in Alpha 4 v6 this morning. I was trying to remove one of my program files. Which I was able to do but some reason I could not get back to my mine files. The system asked me if I wanted to continue or go to dos. So I clicked on go to dos.

Now I cannot get back to my records. Please tell I have not made a mistake and have lost years of data. The system is telling me there must be an active database/set – re-select and then I have a chose of continue or abort to dos. WHEN I ABORTED TO DOS THIS IS WHEN ALL MY PROBLEMS STARTED.

I was able to click on history and see my file names but I have no ideal how to get get back to the original mode before I made the mistake TO REMOVE ONE FILE FROM MY SELECT LIST OF FILE NAMES.

Please help

Real Name
    Dave Jampole
    Haughton, LA ( just east of Shreveport, Louisiana)

Default RE: HOW DO I GET MY FILES BACK

Charese,

Which program file were you trying to remove? Not as important is why? I can't think of any valid reason that would require you to remove a program file.

To your more pressing problem - there could be a number of problems that you are facing. If you could zip the database (Alpha 4 terminology) and send it as an attachment, we (folks on this messageboard) could take a look at it and offer advice. With nothing to look at, all we can do is guess and I don't think you need any of that. If, when you zip the database, it is in excess of 1Mb, you won't be able to send it as an attachment to a messageboard post since it will exceed the 1Mb limit.

I'd be willing to take a look at what you have, with no promises of success. Send what you have and I'll take a look.

Dave

Real Name
    Steve Pick

Default RE: HOW DO I GET MY FILES BACK

Charese,

What do you normaly use to display the files on the computer and the extension type and size?

If you have your DBF files then you still have a lot of data. Did you have memo fields. If so, then is the DBT file still there.

Are you talking data, ie DBT and DBF or are you talking all the SETS, field rules etc etc.

I am sure Dave can be more of assistance but you need to spell out in more detail which files you mean.

Steve

Steve