Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Bar Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Codes

I need the bar code fonts that in the font pack that was previously sold by Alpha. They no longer provide it. I would buy it if you have it.

Tom Antrim
    417 257 6229

Re: Bar Codes

Yes, did you get the bar codes. I have if still need.
    Terry - Bridlington

Comment

The original poster is no longer a member and his post is 4.5 years old, so I doubt he'll be responding. :)
      Aaron Brown
      Alpha Software Development Team

Comment

Thak you Aaron,
        I did see the tme lapse. Just felt it may help anyone else wondering how to insert or wanting the bar codefonts.

Terry

Comment

I am looking for the barcode font if anyone still has it - boss to cheap to upgrade - [email protected] :-)

Comment

Check your email.

Alex

Comment

Any chance I could get those fonts?

Comment

Hi,

If you're looking for code39 fonts in TrueType format, they're readily available for free. Just google "code39 font" and you'll find a number of web sites where you can download them from.

If you don't find a free version of code39 in TrueType format, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the one I use in a couple of days.

Alex

Comment

Thank you very much. Maybe you would know. I'm trying to print bar codes on my documents so they can be archieved quicker than manually typing in the invoice number in our document imaging software.
                  Any Ideas?

Comment

Hi,

Assuming you're using code39, just put a calculated field to hold the docment number in the report and have it print using the barcode font.

Needs to be a calculated field because you need to put an asterisk at the beginning and at the end of the number. So if you want to print a barcode for 12345ABC you need to actually print *12345ABC* (no spaces, which means you also have to trim the field to remove leading and/or trailing spaces. And stick to upper-case alphabetic characters and stay away from symbols (!@#$%^&*_-...) - just numbers and letters is the safest bet.

Barcode readers connect to the keyboard connector of the computer or if they're usb-based, to the usb port, with a program that converts the scanner's input into keystrokes.

That's all there is to it.

Other barcode formats require some "massaging" (checksums, etc.), depending on the type of barcode you use. Code39 is the most popular because its use is very straight-forward. The disadvantage of Code39 lies in its low density, which becomes problematic if the string you need to encode is long.

Alex

Comment

It all works great. Can you suggest a preferred wand package?

Thanks for everything,

Bret

Comment

Thank you for everything and the whole thing is working great but here are two questions.

1 How do I get the * from printing on my documents. Of course it scans great but I can't get that to not show up (*).

2 It suppresses any spaces in a name and make is one long word. ex: Great Central and prints GreatCentral I need it to print the name in the right way.

Any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                        X