Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha for Invoicing or other program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha for Invoicing or other program

We are using Alpha four unfortunately the billing for our company needs to fall into 5 different categories. A database programmer as well as a local Alpha 5 programmer has recommended using a off the shelf program (such as Quickbooks) to generate all of our invoices. They said that the basic templates available in such a off the shelf program would addresss our needs. Does any one have any input regarding this or any knowledge on the ease or difficulty involved in exporting information from Alpha to another program for invoicing?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Jill

RE: Alpha for Invoicing or other program

Jill:

Alpha Four can export to many different formts. To see what they are, at the main menu of any database, select Utilities, Export Data. You'll be presented with the Data Export Menu screen listing the formats that Alpha Four can create. If one of the formats is what is required for your proposed program, you've got it made.

Exporting is a very simple process.

Howard R. Elkes

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by "5 different categories".

That might be why I don't understand why Alpha Four won't work for you. I used Alpha Four to do the billing for my business. Works fine.

Can you provide more detail to explain "why" it's won't work for you?

Mike
      Thank you,
      Mike Konoff

Comment

Thank you very much for this information.

I'll check it out.
        Jill

Comment

Mike,

Very good question! We provide service for Real Estate Agents. Examples of our different billing categories:

First category "Agent bi-monthly". Agents receive a invoice bi-monthly for new and for unpaid previous services, these invoices are generated by agents name and the alphabet is spread out to repeat twice a month, i.e. on July 5th invoice A-B, 6th invoice C-E, 10th invoice F-I, 11th invoice J, 12th invoice K-M, 13th N-R, 17th invoice S-Z. This would repeat on the last half of the month as well.

Second category "Agent 30 day". I create these in the middle of the month (after I complete the bi-monthly the first time thru alphabet and before the second time thru the alphabet). Create one invoice per agent for the previous months service.

Third category "Office". The second business day of the month we create one invoice for every agent in that office for services provided the previous month.

Fourth category "Company" On the first business day of the month we create 1 invoice for the entire company which includes; every agent of every office, for services in the prior month. This invoice must be separated by agent name, office and give grand total, prints out details as well as exports information to be e-mailed to Company.

Fifth category "Credit Card Monthly" On the third business day of the month invoices are created for agents that want the past months services to be charged to their credit card. When setting up this billing for the agent they have the option of us billing their credit card with no receipt, or bill their credit card and send/fax details of charges.

There's actually a 6th category but I'm sure this gives you an idea that our clients fall into many different categories for billing. Currently our programmer has set up our Alpha 4 to address the different categories, but falls short on tracking over payments, allows no changes to be made once invoice is created i.e. agent should of been billed $25 not $35, after creating and printing new invoices for a specific category I than select past due for the same category and those are printed out on a separate sheet which are than sorted and stapled together. We can not create invoices that fall into different categories on the same day i.e. if I created bi-monthly agent invoices for agents A-B, I could not create credit card monthly invoices on the same day.

I was told that a separate billing software package would allow me more flexibility in the short falls listed above.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Jill

Comment

In your original post you say that you are already using alpha4. What are you using it for if not invoicing?

It seems to me it would be not difficult for an alpha4 hot shot to write what you want. Not difficult but not cheap either. So, if you can get bt with a $200 off the shelf package, as opposed to spending 10 or 20k to have a custom package written...

BTW, you don't work for LJS do you?

Comment

Tom,

You are correct, we do use Alpha 4 and currently it is used to track all the agents orders, generate reports, schedules, payroll and invoicing.

Regarding your inquiry if you are referring to LJS Sign Company I do not work for them.

Thank you very much for your response.

Jill

Comment

Working...
              X