Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

updated printer drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated printer drivers?

Have been using Alpha 4 for a number of years using Canon
    200 series with good success. Apparently Canon's new series of printers no longer support DOS. Has Alpha created any new printer drivers that will work with the newer printers. Is anyone having any success with any of the newer printers (any brand) printing from Alpha 4. We have a real problem asour older Canons are starting to die and we are unable to find replacement printers.

RE: updated printer drivers?

Hi,
    We are using a HP LaserJet 2100, using the HP4L series driver with no problems, we also have a HP InkJet that will work with a little tweaking.
    Good Luck,
    Sue

Comment

I have a HP722C that would not print. Make sure the printer Supports DOS. Your manual should tell you that. The printing is controled by Windoes just like it was a windows program as for the printing is concerned.

I have to use a Jump start as many others have with newer printers. I have posted it many times and this is where I got it. I will e-mail it to you if you like. Just let me know. I wrote a Full explanation because So many were asking.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

I have a HP 670C deskjet printer that formfeeds two extra blank sheets of paper. Do you know where I can get an updated print driver for alpha4v6 that will work with this printer.

Ernie King
        [email protected]

Comment

Any postscript printer will work. Postscript is postscript, dos or unix or Windows. I have a HP 5P with postscript and a HP IIIp with a postscript card running A4v2.

rick

Comment

I have stuck with HP laserjets and never have problems, they are always backward compatible, fast and print well. Now use laserjet 4000 and 4050 and they are great printers. Also you can send print jobs to different bins on the laserjets by playing around with the different laserjet drivers with A4. (the bins in the drivers don't always match exactly but can be made to work, especially laserjet 4 se driver)

Russ

Comment

I also would like to find a printer driver for my HP 895C.
              did you ever find you one, and if so, where?

Thanks in advace,
              [email protected]

Comment

You can give this a try. This setup works on many different HP Inkjet printers.

P r i n t e r C o n f i g u r a t i o n

Description : DESKJET 660C__________________________________
                Printer left margin [0-40] : 5
                Top of form delay [0-99] : 0
                ------------------------------ Printer Port ----------------
                Printer port : LPT1:

Page Advance by : Formfeed
                Lines per page [1-99] : 59
                ------------------------------ Printer Initialization ----
                Set-up codes : 27 69 27 38 108 48 111 54 100 49 108
                Close-out codes : 27 69
                ------------------------------ Print Styles --------------
                Normal codes : 27 40 115 48 115 48 66
                Bold codes : 27 40 115 51 66
                Italic codes : 27 40 115 49 83
                Uline on codes : 27 38 100 49 68
                Uline off codes : 27 38 100 64
                ------------------------------ Print Density --------------
                Compressed on : 27 40 115 49 54 46 54 55 72
                Compressed off : 27 40 115 48 112 49 48 46 48 72

Enter a description for this printer configuration
                F10Continue

Comment

Yes Ken I would like to have Jump Start if it will help me with maybe 800 series Desk jet printers.

Jerry Watson
                  [email protected]

Comment

I recently purchased a new computer which has windows ME edition and I can't get Alpha 4 version 2 to print on my HP5 laser jet. It causes an error and I have to restart the computer. It is set up exactly as my old computer that has windows 95. Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks, I will try the setup and let you know if it works on a HP895CSE printer.

Jerry

Comment

go into msconfig from start run and add the line to 386enh

pervmfiles=150

and all is well.

Comment

Just came accross Ken' comments regarding "jump start" for printers. Will this make non dos printers print Alpha 4v6? If it does please let me know where iI can get it! I have a Xerox Docuprint 8P sitting in a box! Thanks!
                          George

Comment

I am also having difficulties trying get the new generation of printers to operate with an early version of Alpha4.

I am currently utilizing my original version of Alpha4 v.1 (no chuckles please - it serves me well. I've never gotten around to updating it to Alpha4 v.2, v.3, and Alpha5 v.1 all which sit here on my shelf waiting for the day when I can figure out how to transition to the newer version).

I've recently added two Canon BJC-series printers (2100 and 85) for field work. Can anyone provide guidance that will allow the two printers to function with my v.1 database? I will be infinitely grateful for any advice. Many thanks.

Comment

Ken: I have a Xerox printer that will not accept the Alpha4v6 print commands. What is "jump start" and if it will make the Xerox work how can I get a copy?! Thank you for your help!
                              Geirge

Comment

Working...
                              X