Alpha Video Training

Thread: WANTED

Frank Aument

Default WANTED

WANTED DESPARETLY, ALPHA 5V2 PROGRAM DISC. HAVE TRIED SEVERAL METHODS OF RETREIVING MY MUSIC FILES WHICH HAVE APPROX 1500 FILES LISTING TITLES/ARTISTS OF MUSIC I HAVE IN DIFFERENT FORMATS. MANY HOURS WERE SPENT ENTERING THIS INFORMATION AS I HAD TO READ EACH 45, ALBUM, CASSETTE, OR CD TO GARNER IFNO. TO ENTER IN FILE. THE PROGRAM DISC IS GONE. I PURCHASED A NEW COMPUTER AND AM UNABLE TO OPEN THE FILES AFTER TRANSFERRING THEM FROM OLD COMPUTER. DOES ANYONE HAVE A DISC THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL OR LOAN TO ME. HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING TO REMEDY PROBLEM FOR SEVERAL MONTHS WITH NO SUCCESS. I THINK THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ALL MY EFFORT. THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP.

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

Default RE: WANTED

Frank

A5V2, like all versions of A5, uses a standard dbf file format. Search your drive for "*.dbf" files. If you find one that is named the same as the file you created with the data, you can open it in any version of A5 or even Excel. If the dbf files are missing, you are out of luck. The only problem that might crop up is if you used memo fields for the data. Then you will need the ".fpt" file with the same name as the ".dbf" file. If you find that, then any version of A5 should open the table with the memo file. You can download a trial copy of the latest A5, A5V5, from the Alpha software site.

Jerry