Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Pedigree Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedigree Template

I have owned Alpha 4 and 5 for years but have never utilized as cannot clearly understand how to build pedigree program with many items.
    Is there a template for a pedigree program?
    Madeleine

RE: Pedigree Template

I like to know if you can helpme with this
    i will use your template of invoice database
    that came with alpha five v2
    but i have a little problem
    1.- I like to have a form and a report that shows
    my sales daily or at any time i like with the press
    of a buttom and to have a report that say the date and
    time of the report and the amount for that day
    but remember that sometime i choose another day to check sales
    2.- please helpme or tellme how to do it.
    my e-mail is : [email protected]

Comment

I like to know if you can helpme with this
      i will use your template of invoice database
      that came with alpha five v2
      but i have a little problem
      1.- I like to have a form and a report that shows
      my sales daily or at any time i like with the press
      of a buttom and to have a report that say the date and
      time of the report and the amount for that day
      but remember that sometime i choose another day to check sales
      2.- please helpme or tellme how to do it.
      my e-mail is : [email protected]

Comment

Not that I know of. I don't know what type of pedigree you are building but in my case I do horses pedigrees. It consists of several tables. The main table is horse.dbf consisting of an ID#, horse name, sire ID# and dam ID#.
        Other tables relate to horse details, sex, stud farm etc.

The crux is to prepare a report using XBasic to form variables such as column1_1, column1_2 which relate to the sire ID and dam ID, and so on for the rest of the columns.

These variables go into the respective calculated fields in the report.

Hope that helps.

Comment

The pedigrees I am dealing with are for purebred dogs with is the same as pedigrees for horses.

What I have done is put the information in a GEDCOM format and imported (changed lable names) it to Alpha5V2 which works to an extent.

Would you please elaborate about your program? And THANK YOU!

Madeleine

Comment

I am not familiar with GEDCOM.
            How many generations does your program show?

Comment

I have about 20 generations on some lines but don't think there is any limit. GEDCOM is the format the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake use for their human pedigree program.
              Madeleine

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying but have been busy with foaling.
                Can't help you with the 20 generation as it would require an enormous screen. Most commercial horse pedigree programs display from 4 to 7 generations. Even printing 7 on A4, the font is pretty small.

However you might like to try the following 3 generation code which can easily be upgraded to 4, 5 etc but with reduced legibility of the printed report as font sizes have to be reduced to fit on the page.

I notice that my e-mail address has not been updated. It is now [email protected]

Pedigree Layout.

The following code will set up a table which can then be used by a report to print a three generation pedigree.
                The code requires:
                1. a holding file for the pedigree.
                2. a table having the pedigree data.

The printout requires a report.

The holding table, here named ped print.dbf has 15 character fields (width to suit your names). The fields are labled col1, col2_1, col2_2, col3_1 etc through to col4_8. The original fields are entered as blanks or any character.

The pedigree data table is structured in this case HORSE, SIRE, DAM. Change horse etc to what suits you. You then must change the names in the code to match.

The report uses ped print.dbf. The report setup is straight forward. Suggest that the last column be done first, then work back to the centre for col1. Fonts, colour and lines to your preference.

Extension to 4, 5 etc generations can be accomplished by extending the value of variable m to 32, 64. Changes to the write section would have to be made to allow for the increased number of names. The holding file would also have to be increased likewise.

For a large database variable n might have to be increased.

To use. Copy code below to the code page in your database.
                Set up the holding table.
                Set up the report to your requirement.
                Run the code.
                Run the report.

Known bug.
                If the program cannot find a horse in the database no data would be returned for all following column slots. Maybe someone can suggest a way of posting "no data" to that field and then continuing on. As a temporary fix if there is an unknown sire or dam call them "No Data" and have a horse called "No Data" with sire and dam "No Data".

''XBasic
                option strict
                dim tbl as p
                dim tbl2 as p
                dim dbh as n
                dim i as n
                dim l as n
                dim m as n
                dim n as n
                dim numrecs as n
                dim name as c
                dim array(100) as c
                dim found as c
                name = ui_get_text("Pedigree Builder","Enter horse name.")
                tbl = table.open("C:your pathyour file.dbf", FILE_RW_SHARED)
                tbl.index_primary_put()
                numrecs = reccount()
                tbl.fetch_first()
                for i = 1 to numrecs
                if trim(name) = trim(tbl.horse) then
                goto FOUND
                end if
                tbl.fetch_next()
                next i
                ui_msg_box("Horse search", "Not found.")
                end
                FOUND:
                ui_msg_box("Horse found",tbl.horse)
                tbl.fetch_first()
                array(1) = w_upper(name)
                m = 2
                l = 1
                for n = 2 to 600
                if trim(tbl.horse) = name then
                array(m) = trim(tbl.sire)
                m = m+1
                array(m) = trim(tbl.dam)
                m = m+1
                l =l+1
                name = array(l)
                tbl.fetch_first()
                elseif tbl.fetch_next()
                end if
                if m = 16 then
                goto write
                elseif m=m
                end if
                next n
                tbl.close()
                write:
                tbl2 = table.open("C:your pathped print.dbf", FILE_RW_SHARED)
                tbl2.fetch_first()
                tbl2.change_begin()
                tbl2.col1 = array(1)
                tbl2.col2_1 = array(2)
                tbl2.col2_2 = array(3)
                tbl2.col3_1 = array(4)
                tbl2.col3_2 = array(5)
                tbl2.col3_3 = array(6)
                tbl2.col3_4 = array(7)
                tbl2.col4_1 = array(8)
                tbl2.col4_2 = array(9)
                tbl2.col4_3 = array(10)